DU spot admission round 2
Source: Times of India

DU UG Admission 2023: For this academic year, the University of Delhi has made some changes in norms for ECA, and sports supernumerary seats. According to this, both categories will get 2.5 per cent supernumerary seats each.

Further, the changes have been passed by the university Academic Council. The ECA and sports quota categories seats will not be counted college-wise. Instead, it will be calculated program-wise as told by varsity officials. The highest decision-making body, the Executive Council, will take the final decision regarding this. 

Delhi University Dean of Admission, Haneet Gandhi said that such new norms will help in bringing equality. Until now, colleges have the authority to decide the number of ECA or sports category admissions. Also, the representation of at least 1 per cent under each category was compulsory. 

Academic Council Members demand to remove St. Stephen’s College

Haneet Gandhi said, “The ceiling cap is 5 per cent of the total admission capacity of the college for both ECA and sports categories. And, 2.5 % per cent supernumerary seats in each category. Though, till now it depends on colleges to decide the weightage for ECA and sports.”

Besides, Gandhi added, “The number of seats will be calculated program-wise not college-wise, it will bring equality. Such changes will also affect the number of supernumerary seats.”

 

It is important to note that to avail of the supernumerary quota under both categories. Candidates must take the exam of CUET UG 2023. Under the DU UG Admission 2023 under this quota, a weightage of 25 per cent will be given to the CUET score. And the remaining 75 per cent will be given to certificates, trials and performances.

DU first time adds VD Sawarkar to the political science syllabus

FOR MORE DELHI UNIVERSITY UPDATES FOLLOW US ON INSTAGRAM

 

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here