DU library: Even though the wait for the Delhi University college to open for the students of science stream of undergraduate, postgraduate has become a bit long. But DU has opened other libraries including the Central Library. At present, only postgraduate, MPhil, and Ph.D. scholars will be allowed admission. Through online registration, scholars, teachers will be able to get admission to the library.
At present, only 175 people will be admitted at a time in the Central Library with a capacity of more than 400.
strict adherence to corona protocol
DU Librarian Dr. Rajesh Singh informed that the library will be opened in a phased manner. In the first phase, following the physical distance, limited students will be given admission. Apart from checking the sanitizer, the mask of the students, their temperature will be measured before entering the library. They will also be given sanitizer. Only then will you be allowed to enter the library.
The Central Library located on the North Campus has a seating arrangement for about 400 students, but only 175 people will be allowed to sit here. There is a seating arrangement for the research scholars on the second floor and the post-graduate students on the first floor.
DELHI UNIVERSITY OPENED FIVE LIBRARIES
- Central Library
- Central Science Library
- Ratan Tata Library
- South Delhi Campus Library
- Faculty of Law Library
- Library Guidelines
Admission to postgraduate-MPhil-PhD scholars in the first phase. Here are some guidelines
- Facility to read in the reading room from 10 am to 5 pm.
- Visitors will have to get permission by email before coming to the library.
- The thermal screening will be done at the entrance.
- If a student shows symptoms of the corona, then admission will not be given.
- Due to corona infection, students will not be charged a late fee while returning the book.
- Facility for students to sit at a distance of six feet.
- Mandatory wearing of masks.
Use of Arogya Setu App will be mandatory.
- \\B this way you will get admission
- The research scholar will register by visiting the website of the Central Library.
- Information will be given on registered email when seats are available.
- Registration will take place if the seat is available.
- Registration number to be shown on registered email at the time of admission.
The Central Library at Jawaharlal Nehru University is still closed. Students are continuously demanding to open the library. Researchers say that due to the non-opening of the library, research work is getting affected. At the same time, the JNU administration says that till now the Delhi government has not issued any kind of guidelines regarding the opening of the library. The library will be opened when the guidelines are issued.
Jamia Library also closed
The Dr. Zakir Hussain Library (Central Library) of Jamia Millia Islamia was also closed during the second wave of Corona. According to the Jamia administration, the library is closed. The library will open only after getting the guidelines from the government.