The first day of Delhi University’s mock test for the final year students was loused up as the students encountered a number of problems during the test. The first day recorded hundreds of complaints as the students were unable to perform initial steps of registration. The University of Delhi started its mock test series for the upcoming DU exams from 4th July 2020 which turned out to be a complete disappointment. The mock test conducted by Delhi University was absolutely futile and hopeless on the very first day.
The students faced problems in the initial steps of the procedure. Some students said that they were unable to register themselves for the tests while many reported that the University uploaded the wrong question papers. Across-the-board the mock test was a disaster and the following reasons state the delinquency of the mock test.
1) The mock test for the final year students was uploaded on the website at the eleventh hour. Students reported that they were not even able to proceed with the first step of the test series I.e, registration process.
2) The students who somehow managed to register themselves on the portal were not able to access the question papers. The failure to not be able to access the question papers resulted in disqualification from the remaining 2-2.5 hour process.
Table of Contents
3) The question papers made available by the University were either of some other courses or of not of their syllabus. Out of the number of papers uploaded by the University only one paper was of their use while the other was just increasing the turmoil.
4) The students were not even informed or notified with the syllabus of the DU mock test. The University presented the mock tests which included questions of general knowledge and a few questions which represented the syllabus.
5) The students were told that the DU mock tests were just to check the feasibility of downloading papers online and uploading the sheets. Out of which very few students reached the last stage of uploading their answer sheets. Even the last stage asked the students to upload files of less than 5MB which was too difficult to make adjustments. A few students complained that the server did not accept the pdf files. At this crucial and extraordinary times, the Delhi University is expecting it’s students to become tech-savvy and compress upload files on the web.
6) A few students were also asked to wait and take part in the next slot of the mock tests as the particular first slot was full.
7) The students faced a lot of problems during the first DU mock test but the students using mobile phones instead of laptops and PCs suffered the most. With the ban of the cam scanner, many students were not aware of the other alternative apps which turned out to be a problem for them.
DU OBE 2020: PORTAL FOR DOWNLOADING THE QUESTION PAPERS AND UPLOADING THE SCANNED IMAGES OF THE ANSWER SHEETS
8) When the DU mock test was about to get over the website of Delhi University crashed and students are taken to the dashboard. The screen displayed that the mock test timed out while the students were left in confusion whether their answers were saved and submitted or not. The University promised the students to send the confirmation message on their emails which were not received by a single student.
9) The students who tried reaching out to the University for clarification of doubts we’re asked to wait and read the guidelines clearly. Yet no queries we’re resolved by the University. Students complained that the admin department of the University was not properly guided with the procedure.
The University just conducted its first DU mock test which left hundreds of students in doubt and increased the tension. Delhi University’s final OBE exams are yet to began while the first mock test conducted by the University turned out to be a big failure.