DU Migration process is one hell of a task that has loads of steps involved. Thus, under the inter-college migration process, 3rd-semester students get a chance to change their college within DU. Hence, it is a golden opportunity for students who don’t like their current college much and wants to shift to a better one. Also, the migration process allows getting into a better college without dropping a whole academic year. But, this inter-college migration process is highly exclusive in comparison with the number of students that want to avail it.
Table of Contents
- 0.1 What is the DU migration process for Inter-college transfer?
- 0.2 DU migration process: Ultimate step by step guide for inter-college migration:
- 0.3 List of documents required for DU migration process:
- 1 IF NOT DELHI UNIVERSITY, WHERE YOU CAN APPLY FOR UNDERGRADUATE ADMISSION?
What is the DU migration process for Inter-college transfer?
Inter-college migration is only available for 2nd-year students, i.e. in the 3rd semester. Hence, after following a list of criteria and as per the availability of seats, several colleges accept applications. Also, the DU migration process is entirely based on merit. Hence, a certain percentage needs to be secured by students in 1st-year results. This required percentile varies from college to college and course to course.
DU migration process: Ultimate step by step guide for inter-college migration:
- Third-semester students from BCom, BCom (Hons), B.A., BA (Hons), BSc, BSc (Hons) courses can only migrate from one college to another. Also, the availability of seats and permission of principals of both colleges is mandatory.
- As for eligibility, students need to have cleared both the 1st semester and 2nd-semester exams of their respective course via semester mode.
- Migrating students need to obtain a no-objection certificate from the principal of the concerned college they are applying to.
List of documents required for DU migration process:
- A No objection certificate from the principal of the applying college as well as the current college.
- A leaving certificate from the current DU college where the student is studying.
- The mark sheet of the 1st and 2nd-semester exams.
Terms and Conditions for DU inter-college migration:
- No student can migrate from regular college to DU School of Open Learning (SOL) or Non-Collegiate Women’s Education Board (NCWEB).
- No student can migrate into a different course from the one already pursuing.
- Intercollege migration is strictly denied at Postgraduate levels.