DU-JAT stands for Delhi University Joint Admission Test. This exam is a gateway for many candidates who seek admission in various courses at the University of Delhi.
DU JAT is scheduled for 06-Sep-2020 to 11-Sep-2020 which will be organized in two slots.
The eligibility criteria for the candidates appearing in the exam has been mentioned below:
Criteria for Foreign Candidates seeking admission in DU
Applicants seeking admission under the Foreign Students’ category are advised to apply separately on Foreign Students’ Registry website – click here to redirect
1. Bachelor of Management Studies (BMS)
2. Bachelor of Business Administration (Financial Investment Analysis)
3. B. A (Hons.) Business Economics
4. B. EL.Ed. Bachelor of Elementary Education
5. B.A.(Hons.) Humanities and Social Sciences
6. B.Sc.(P.E., H.E. & S) Bachelor of Science in Physical Education, Health Education & Sports
7. B. A. (Hons.) Music
8. B. Tech (Information Technology and Mathematical Innovations)
9. B.A. (Hons.) Multimedia and Mass Communication *Only for Girls.*
DU JAT 2020: HIGHLIGHTS OF THE EXAM
|Exam Name||Delhi University Joint Admission Test|
|Conducting Body||Delhi University|
|Exam Frequency||Once a year|
|Exam Duration||120 minutes|
|Exam Syllabus||Quantitative Ability, Reasoning and Analytical Ability, General English, Business and General Awareness|
|Exam Pattern||100 questions in MCQ format|
|Exam Fees||750 (General and OBC) and 300 (SC/ST/PwD)|
|Exam Purpose||Admissions to 16 colleges|
|Course Offered||Bachelor of Management Studies (BMS), Bachelor of Business Administration (Financial Investment Analysis) and BA (Hons) Business Economics|
|No. of Test Cities||20|
|Exam Helpdesk No.||+91-11-27667336|
|DU JAT application begins||20-Jun-2020||Application form is available online|
|Last date of registration||04-Jul-2020 |
|Last date to fill the online application form and pay fees|
|DU JAT admit card release||22-Aug-2020 (Tentative)||To be released by National Testing Agency|
|DU JAT 2020 exam date||06-Sep-2020 to 11-Sep-2020||To be held in two slots across 20 cities|
|DU JAT result 2020 declaration||To be announced||DU JAT score will be normalized through the equi-percentile method|
The question paper for DU JAT comprises of 100 multiple-choice questions which carry four marks each. One mark will be deducted, for every incorrect answer. The pattern has been shared below.
|DU JAT exam||Details|
|Total number of questions||100|
|Type of questions||Objective type MCQ based|
|Number of sections||Four (Quantitative Ability, Reasoning, and Analytical Ability, General English and Business and General Awareness)|
|Duration of the test||2 hours|
With exams around the corner, candidates need to put in extra effort to score well in the exam.
Candidates need to have a clear picture of the syllabus and the pattern and a tactic understanding of the same.
It will not only help them gain familiarity with the structure of DU JAT question paper but also assist them in customizing preparation strategy based on important topics. Here we will discuss the DU JAT exam pattern, DU JAT Syllabus along with other preparation tips.
The DU – Joint Admission Test (DU-JAT) will have 100 questions in total. Students will be given two hours to solve it. Four marks will be allotted to the candidates for every correct answer, and that for every wrong answer one mark will be deducted. This DU JAT exam will consist of four sections – quantitative ability, reasoning, and analytical ability, general English, and business and general awareness.
DU JAT syllabus four sections are
The DU JAT syllabus has been outlined as mentioned below:
|Quantitative Ability||Numbers, Profit and loss, Fractions and decimals, ratio and proportion, graphs and pie chart|
|Reasoning and Analytical Ability||Verbal analogy, Word sequence, Terms and prepositions, Time sequence, Number series, Direction and distance, Verbal reasoning and Missing characters|
|General English||Reading Comprehension, Synonyms & Antonyms, Fill in the blanks|
|General Awareness||Geography, Economics, History, Politics, Current Affairs, Science, Computers, etc.|
To perform well in DU JAT, candidates can refer to the list of preparation articles mentioned below:
DU-JAT is a different exam from DUET held by NTA. Those candidates who are interested in taking admission to business or commerce related courses, here is a detailed section-wise strategy for you.
1. Previous Years’ Papers: It is one of the main steps to start with the practice. It is strongly suggested to Practice the previous years’ papers, as they provide you an idea of the degree of the paper and the exam pattern. If you are someone who has difficulty with completing the questions on an allotted time limit, then set a time limit for yourself when you exercise.
2. Plan out an Exam Strategy: This is a very crucial step especially when there is any time restriction. Attempt the sections you are better at first and leave the rest for later. Do not wander around the same questions and don’t waste time. Scheduling this way, you’re attempt at the problems can become beneficial.
3. Don’t mark your answers randomly: Your main objective should be to attempt only 80-85 questions and in this to get approximately 72-75 questions true and your job is done. you must Memorize this.
4. Attempting Difficult Questions: Keeping the above mentioned in mind, pick and select your choices wisely and let go of the questions that are simply just eating up a lot of your time. While you are attempting the paper, do not stay stuck on any difficult question, instead, move ahead if such a situation occurs. As each and every problem has equal weightage and in addition to that, negative marking too. At times you can attain the right answer by eradicating options ( i.e. eliminating the options method) that are not related to the question. So, think about each option and its bearing, you never know what clicks.
5. Keep a check on the Marking Scheme:
DU JAT has negative marking. For each valid response, you will be given 3 marks, whereas, for each FALSE response, 1 mark will be deducted. So, it is advisable for you to strive only those problems you are absolutely sure of, in order to resist losing marks in the entrance exam.
DU-JAT General Awareness preparation books recommendation
DU-JAT General Awareness preparation books recommendation
DU-JAT General English Preparation Books recommendation
DU-JAT Reasoning and Analytical Ability recommendation
Reader, writer, learner !
Easier to locate with a book in a nook or eating at outlets with live music.
Short-term programs are being offered by DRDO on machine learning, artificial intelligence, and cybersecurity. The… Read More
Aligarh Muslim University (AMU) buried a time capsule to mark the completion of 100 years… Read More
The JEE Main 2021 has opened the online correction window. Today, the National Testing Agency… Read More
LSAT 2021 was going to be conducted on 10th May, 2021. But now, the LAW… Read More
The Delhi NCR region is prepared to get a prominent new cultural center for the… Read More