Categories: ExamsNews

DU EXAMS: PRESS RELEASE BY NSUI TO SCRAP OBE

The NSUI has released a press release where it has asked the University of Delhi to scrap the online OBE exams for the students of the third year. The University of Delhi has decided to conduct online examinations for the final year/semester students.

This decision was taken in light of the guidelines issued by the UGC (University Grants Commission). The exams of the first and second-year students were scrapped and they were to be marked on their previous results and assignments.

This decision by the University has faced protests from all the student and teacher bodies alike. NSUI, a student body of Delhi has been protesting this decision since the very beginning. The OBE was postponed for 10 days by the University. Fresh dates were released on July 3.

Recently, the University conducted mock examinations for its students. The mock test was a complete failure. Only around 26% of the total students were able to submit their answers. Some of the remaining 74% of students were not even able to download the question papers. Some students could not register themselves on the portal. Other students could not find the question paper on the website of Delhi University.

DU EXAMS: POLICE COMPLAINT AGAINST DU UV FOR BREACH OF TRUST

The main concern is that thousands of students studying at the University come from rural areas. Many of these students are at their homes because of the pandemic. These students do not have access to an internet connection.
The NSUI and the Delhi University Students’ Union (DUSU) have always stood for the welfare of the students of Delhi University.

 

Latest: FINAL YEAR EXAMS WOULD COMPULSORILY BE CONDUCTED BY END MONTH OF SEPTEMBER- UGC

 

Therefore, in these difficult times, the DUSU and the NSUI has asked the Delhi University administration to promote the students of the final year students based on the previous semester marks and an increase of 10%.

DU EXAMS 2020: DUSU HELD MEETING REGARDING FEEDBACK OF DU MOCK EXAMS
Several protests have also been organized by the DUTA (Delhi University Teachers’ Association) against the online Open Book Examinations.

The HRD Minister, Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank, had asked the UGC to revisit its guidelines and the academic calendar. Today, the High Court has asked the UGC to publish its guidelines by the evening. The guidelines are awaited after which a final decision will be taken on the fate of online OBE.

NEW GUIDELINES FOR FINAL YEAR STUDENTS IS YET TO BE RELEASED BY UGC

DU ONLINE EXAMS: UNIVERSITY’S RESPONSE ON QUERIES RELATED TO MOCK TEST

FOR INSTANT DELHI UNIVERSITY UPDATES FOLLOW US ON INSTAGRAM

A content writer whose passion is writing and a typical geek that you come across. She is an avid reader and loves literature to its very core.

Recent Posts

UP Scholarship 2021: Online Application Form, Last Date, Eligibility( All Details)

UP Scholarships 2021 -22 were introduced by the Samaj Kalyan department i.e., the Department of… Read More

4 hours ago

BOARD EXAM 2021: EDUCATION MINISTER SPEAKS ABOUT EXAM FEVER

CISCE, and CBSE board students are all set to appear for their respective class 10th… Read More

5 hours ago

INTERNATIONAL WOMEN’S DAY CELEBRATED IN ALL COLLEGES

International Women's day 2021 is celebrated all across the world in various colleges and universities… Read More

6 hours ago

UGC NET 2021: TOMORROW IS LAST DATE TO FILL APPLICATION FORM

Tomorrow (March 9) is 2021 is the last day of application for the UGC NET… Read More

6 hours ago

DEEPIKA PADUKONE’S LEVIS ADD ACCUSED OF PLAGIARISM

Deepika Padukone’s new Levi’s ad has gathered attention due to all the wrong reasons. Levi’s… Read More

7 hours ago

JEE MAIN 2021: NTA RELEASED FINAL ANSWER KEY, RESULTS SOON

  The final answer key of the JEE Main 2021 exam is released on the… Read More

7 hours ago