DU EXAMS 2020: GRADING/RESULTS FOR INTERMEDIATE SEMESTER/TERM/YEAR STUDENTS FOT ALL UG/PG INCLUDING NCWEB AND SOL
Due to the outbreak of COVID-19 pandemic, the academic session 2019-20 is affected too much this year, and here are all the guidelines related to grading/ results for intermediate Semester/Term/Year students for all UG and PG programs all streams including NCWEB and SOL.
Notifications Issued By the Delhi University Till Now:
On 13.05.2020, the notifications related to the submission of marks of Internal Assessment, Practical examinations, etc. was issued and on 14.05.2020, Open Book Examination (OBE) to be adopted as an alternative mode of examinations by the University of Delhi in view of the COVID-19 pandemic for final semester/term/year students for the academic session 2019-20 and guidelines/policies applicable for the conduct of OBE for both UG as well as PG as issued by examination branch on 30.05.2020.and 01.06.2020 respectively.
In view of the prevailing situation of COVID-19 pandemic, it is concerned that the Intermediate semester/term/year students shall be graded with adopting alternative mode does the same as conducting examinations for the Intermediate semester/term/year second semester/term/ Ist year and fourth semester/term/IInd year students in the conventional mode i.e. pen and paper are not feasible as per the existing government norms of maintaining social distancing and safety and health of the students.
The matter was intensively deliberated in the bodies i.e. Task Force constituted by the University in view of Covid-19 and the Working Group on Examinations, based on which it has been decided that as a one-time measure, alternative mode of grading for promotion/results shall be adopted as per composite format for calculating the same for the Intermediate semester/term/year students for the academic session 2019-2020 so that students of the university can take their career forward.
Intermediate semester/term/year students, 50-50 Formula:
Students of intermediate semester/term/year, the grading of the students could be composite of 50% marks on the basis of the pattern of internal evaluation/assignment based evaluation adopted by the university/ colleges/ faculty/center wherever applicable and the remaining 50% marks can be awarded on the basis of performance in previous semester/term/year only. Moreover, for students of intermediate semester/term/year, having no previous performance i.e. having no marks in the previous semester/term /year shall be graded on the basis of 100%assignment based evaluation.
Grading Method Followed For Annual Mode Of Examination For UG Students With Reference To Students Of School Of Open Learning (SOL) And Non-Collegiate Women’s Education Board ( NCWEB):
1) Grading of the second year students of UG and 2nd semester (Ist Year) students of PG could be composite of 50% on the basis of the pattern of assignment based evaluation for students of Annual scheme and the remaining 50% marks shall be awarded on the basis of the performance in the previous semester/year. However, ex-students in the second year have to appear for examinations as per the date sheet notified in OBE mode.
2) All these students are required to submit their assignments as per the schedule notified by the SOL and NCWEB. Questions for assignment shall be from the courses of study based on the syllabus applicable.
3) The schedule, calendar, and guidelines for the assignment based evaluation shall be decided by the SOL for the SOL students and by NCWEB for the students registered with the NCWEB. The calendar and guidelines for the students of PG registered with SOL and NCWEB should be released after due consultation with the Head of the respective departments.
4) All questions for assignment based evaluation shall be in bilingual wherever applicable.
5) Students shall submit their assignments on the portal notified and communicated by SOL and NCWEB.
6) Assignment by students shall be accepted within the defined period which shall be counted from the date of the delivery of question papers through e-mode on the e-address as per the record available to the office of SOL and NCWEB.
7) The decision to allow those students who could not submit their assignment as per the schedule notified shall be communicated by the beginning of August 2020 and accordingly all such left out students shall have to submit their examination forms to avail one more chance for the same.
8) The matter of carrying forward (for the subjects in which the student has failed in the previous year) shall be allowed for the current academic year and every student shall be promoted to the next year. However, such students shall be required to clear the examinations for the course in which he/she has failed/remained absent and carry forward papers, when examinations are held next year.
9) All these students shall be allowed to improve their grades in the succeeding year
Note: Ex-students of the first year and the Second Year of SOL and NCWEB have to
appear in Open Book Examinations (OBE) mode as per the date sheet notified along with the Final year students applicable for SOL and NCWEB for academic session 2019-20 in view of COVID-19 pandemic.
For Students Of SOL of the First-year Under Semester Scheme Of Examinations In CBCS Mode Of Study For Academic Session 2019-20
1) In the case of the first-year students registered with SOL where examinations for both semesters are due and are to be conducted. In this situation, where previous semester marks are not available, there shall be 100% evaluation for grading based on assignments for both semesters simultaneously. All such students shall have to submit their assignment for the First and the Second Semester as per the schedule notified and communicated by SOL accordingly.
2) Students shall be graded based on the performance of the first semester and the second semester separately.
3) All such results shall be prepared in grades as per CBCS rules applicable.
4) Students who have arrears marked as Essential Repeat (ER) and those students who wish to improve their grades (in both cases) shall be allowed as per the cycle of the semester wherein course /papers for the odd semester can only be attempted along with odd semester to be held in the month of January 2021 and similarly, courses/papers of even semester can be attempted along with the even semester to be held during months of May/June 2021.
All first and second years ex-students(UG and PG ) of colleges and Departments,
SOL and NCWEB shall appear in OBE mode as notified on 30.05.2020 and
01.06.2020 respectively as per date sheet notified for academic session 2019-
20 along with the third year ( final year ) for UG and second year (final year)
All other relevant activities related to the evaluation of internal assignments,
practicals, fieldwork, projects, the dissertation shall be applicable as per notification issued by the examination branch on 13.05.2020 and available on the official website of the University of Delhi. All relevant components shall be counted in the case of regular students/ex-students registered with colleges/centers/departments/faculties.
The University of Delhi in this difficult time endeavors to continue with the examinations related for the final year students and intermediate semester/term/year students as per
date sheet notified so that our students can achieve their future goals.
Further, all concerned are hereby advised to be in touch with the official website of
university of Delhi i.e. www.du.ac.in for updates related with examinations and their respective websites of college/departments/faculties/SOL/NCWEB.
CHECK THE OFFICIAL NOTICE HERE-
FOR INSTANT UPDATES RELATED TO DELHI UNIVERSITY, CONNECT ON INSTAGRAM
Meeting new challenges is her passion. She is very fond of Physics in everything and constantly tries to make herself aware of the world around her.