The University of Delhi will release its 2nd cutoff for UG admissions on 9th October 2021 as per schedule. Thus, needless to mention, Delhi University’s 2nd cutoff is going to be steep like every year. Also, DU released its 1st cutoff yesterday, i.e. October 1 and it went as high as 100 percent. Hence, 2nd cutoff is going to be all the more steeper with a slight drop considering the best of four scores and the availability of seats.
Table of Contents
The 1st cut-off was released on October 1 and admissions for it will kick start from October 4. Hence, the process will continue for 3 days. Thus, the 2nd cut-off will release 2 days after all the procedures under the previous one are complete. Here are the events related to DU 2nd cut-off
- Release of the 2nd cut-off – 9th October 2021
- Admission procedure against the 2nd cut-off – 11th October to 13th October 2021
- Last date of fee payment for 2nd cut-off admissions – 15th October 2021
Here are the factors that will affect DU 2nd cut-off:
Considering the 1st cut-off where the majority of courses are offered at above 99 percent, the dip can be 0.25 to 0.5 percent. However, there are certain factors on which the 2nd cut-off will depend. They include:
- Cutoff Trend: The 2nd cut-off highly depends on the previous year’s cutoff trends as well as the 1st cutoff already released.
- Courses: The courses in which a student has applied also play a major role. Hence, it is noticed that popular courses like BCom, Economics, Political Science, etc don’t witness a major drop in 2nd list.
- Best of Four marks: The high scores given under the new evaluation criteria followed by Boards have resulted in such high cut-offs. Hence, approximately 9,600 students have scored 95 and above. So, major dips in cut-off are least likely to occur.
- The number of Seats and applicants: Some programs get more applications than others. So, cut-offs change on that basis. Also, the availability of seats in a particular course plays a major role in deciding cut-offs.