DU Admissions 2021 is going on in full swing. The varsity successfully completed the admission procedure of 1st list. Hence, the University of Delhi now waits for the release of the 2nd cutoff list which is supposed to release tomorrow, October 9. Also, the varsity took to Twitter and shared about the successful completion of the round 1 UG merit-based admissions.
Table of Contents
- 0.1 DU Admissions 2021: Here is what the press release states
- 0.2 DU admissions 2021: Board wise number of applications
- 1 DU SECOND CUT-OFF LIST: HINDU COLLEGE AND MIRANDA HOUSE LIKELY TO CLOSE ADMISSIONS FOR SOME COURSES
- 2 ABVP PROTEST AT DU ADMISSION OFFICE: INFLATED RESULTS ARE THE CAUSE
DU Admissions 2021: Here is what the press release states
On October 7, the University of Delhi released a statement after the 1st cut-off admissions were officially over. Thus, as per officials, in the 1st cutoff, a total of 60,904 candidates applied to various DU colleges. So, the varsity is elated over the huge figures in DU admissions 2021.
DU admissions 2021: Board wise number of applications
Out of the 60,904 candidates who applied in the 1st cutoff, 46,054 were from the CBSE board and the rest from all other boards including state boards. So here are the Board wise exact figures of admissions taken in 1st cut-off:
- Central Board of Secondary Education – 31172
- Kerela Board of Higher Secondary Education – 2365
- Board of School Education Haryana – 1540
- Council of the Indian School Certificate Examination(CISCE) – 1429
- Board of Secondary Education Rajasthan – 1301
- Other State Boards
The DU registrar stated that being a Central University, DU gives equal weightage to the academic credentials of any applying students irrespective of their Boards. Also, even this year, the uniformity and equality were maintained by accepting applicants on a merit basis only. So, the press release clearly read that the varsity refutes and condemns the false news being circulated regarding favoring candidates of selected Boards. Hence, they claimed that DU admissions 2021 is continuing with utmost justice and equity.