After some delay, DU Admissions 2021 are finally going to kick start with their registration process at first. Thus, Delhi University registrations for all UG courses will begin from 2nd August uptill 31st August. As for postgraduate, MPhil, and PhD programs, the process will take place early, between July 26 and August 31. Hence, the official dates were announced by the Vice-Chancellor, P C Joshi on Saturday, 17th July 2021.
Table of Contents
Will DU Admissions 2021 include CUCET?
As per officials, DU Admissions 2021 will not incorporate the common entrance test this year. Thus, admissions will be taken on a merit basis, i.e. the marks scored in 12th Board Exams. Also, eligibility criteria, as well as registration fees, will remain similar to the previous year.
Here are the 8 points one should keep in mind before taking admissions:
- The same registration form will be eligible for all the Delhi University colleges. Hence, a centralized system of admissions will be followed. But, for PG courses, there would be one registration form but separate fees for various programs.
- The NTA will conduct the Delhi University Entrance Test (DUET 2021). Hence, these exams are for all the postgraduate courses and selected UG courses. Also, the varsity is thinking to increase the test centers for DU Admissions 2021.
- Non-NET aspirants applying for PhD and MPhil will have to appear for exams.
- UG admissions will be conducted based on merit using cut-offs. Thus, the admission branch is working on the cut-offs to avoid over-admissions.
- A minimum of 1 percent of students will comprise the ECA and sports quota. Thus, it can go up to 5 percent.
- ECA admission will be done on the basis of the merit certificates of applicants. This is because trials are not possible in covid times.
- Like the previous year, webinars and help desks will be organized for Admissions. Thus, the help desks will work 24*7 and attend to all queries.
- DU admissions 2021 bulletin will be released after the registration process is initiated. Also, further details will be available on du.ac.in