The University of Delhi has launched its admission portal for various undergraduate courses for the session 2020-2021.
Students have a lot of queries regarding their desired courses. Many students have doubts about the courses needed to have a compulsory maths subject in class 12.
There are primarily five courses offered by Delhi University, in which you need to have mandatory maths subject in your +2 board exams.
These are –
• BA Honors. Economics
• B.com Honors
• Bachelor of Business Administration or Financial Investment Analysis
• BA honors Economic Business
• Bachelors of Management Science
All these subjects need to have an aggregate 45% marks in maths subject and it will be counted in the best four subjects, required to take admission.
While Economics and B.com honors’ admissions are based on the merit list and the cut-offs declared by the college, the admission in the courses like BMS, BBA, and Business Economics Honors are done via entrance test, organized by NTA ( National Testing Agency).
Information related to Entrance Examinations
• Applicants must attend the UG Admissions Portal for all news and updates regarding Entrance test centers and generation of Admit Card.
• All applicants must take a print out of the Admit Card when made available, and carry
it with them when reporting to the Entrance Test Centre. The quality of the Admit Card
should be of a print quality adequate for verification.
• The applicant shall also carry an individuality card bearing the applicant’s photograph for verification (Aadhar Card, Driving License, PAN Card, Voter Identity Card, Passport, or College Identity Card, a copy of which has been uploaded with the application form).
• The University is not accountable in case an applicant has opted for more than one subject for which admission is based on entrance tests and there is a clash of date/time in the entrance test plan
Though the university has not declared the timeline of the registration, deadline particularly, it has stated on its website that the new registration open for students. This is an integrated enrollment form for both merit-based and entrance-test based undergraduate courses. Students enrolling for merit-based admission will be enlisting for all colleges and desired courses at the University of Delhi, the DU has instructed on its website.
For being capable to apply for undergraduate courses in DU, the nominee must have passed Class 12th exam. Candidates who have finished Class 12th from the National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS) are also competent to apply for courses at DU. Candidates who have to sit for the Class 12th exam this year and whose result has not been out yet can defer the online registration form by choosing “Awaited” in the list in the menu of “Result Status” on “Academic Details” page/section while entering the information and other relevant details.