Lady Shri Ram College For Women Delhi University was established in 1956 in New Delhi. Late Lala Shri Ram in memory of his wife Phoolan Devi (Lady Shri Ram) established this college. It is a girls’ college which offers various undergraduate and postgraduate courses to the students.
Lady Shri Ram College For Women offers courses with good facilities such as Infrastructural Accessibility, Auditorium and Seminar Rooms, Bookstore, Bank, Computer & Statistics Lab, Counselling Cell, Café, Medical Room, Library, Garden, On-Campus Housing, Sports Facilities are available in the college. The infrastructure is also good. All basic facilities are given in the college itself like a library, Wi-Fi.
The library of college contains all kinds of books & magazines that are helpful for students. However, Labs are fully air-conditioned. Hygiene is maintained in the canteen. The college library is a digitally equipped library with all the technical upgradations and innovations. This makes it extremely easy for the students to return or issue any book.
However, students can visit the official website of the college that is www.lsr.edu.in. Students can check the latest updates regarding college such as exams, admission, fest, societies, etc on their official website.
KNOW YOUR COLLEGE- LADY SHRI RAM COLLEGE FOR WOMEN DELHI UNIVERSITY
- Best courses offered by Lady Shri Ram College for women – BA. (Hons.), M.A.
- NIRF Ranking of Lady Shri Ram College for women – 02
- Fees range- The fees for 1year of Lady Shri Ram College For Women of Commerce Delhi University ranges from ₹15,870 to ₹21,290 for graduation and ₹17,976 for postgraduation.
- Fun facts about Lady Shri Ram College for Women – The official fest of Lady Shri Ram College For Women “Tarang” is the most controversial and hyped fest of all time. Starts like Palash Sen, Sahil Shah and Sourabh Pant, Kenny Sebastian, and the band Agni performed at Lady Shri Ram College.
Some food points such as Hunger Strike, Tony’s Pizza and Pasta Noodle bowl, Anand Ji Chole Wala, Baba Nagpal’s Corner, Tibet Kitchen, The Big Chill, Kandy’s are available near LSR College. Students can visit these places to eat delicious food and spend time with friends.
Moreover, There are various societies for the students to connect in like the drama society, dance, and music society so on. The college conducts seminars and enlightening sessions for the students’ career prospects. Additionally, The location of the college is also good which gives the chance to hang out after classes.
- Placement companies that come to Lady Shri Ram College – Companies like Top recruiting companies were-KPMG, EY, Deloitte, Brain, Citi, BCG, and many more to LSR College For Women Delhi University for placements.
The Placement Cell of the college has a momentous record. It is an inconsistent cycle of creating partnerships with likely spotters and welcoming them to the college to give them a high package. Moreover, college is preparing the students to find out about managerial skills and entrepreneurial to work in challenging business conditions.
- What campus does the Lady Shri Ram College for women belong to? The college belongs to the South Campus.
- What is the proper address of Lady Shri Ram College for women? 86B, Nandi Vithi Rd, near LSR college, N Block, Lajpat Nagar 4, Greater Kailash I, New Delhi, Delhi 110024
- Nearest metro station to Lady Shri Ram College for women – The nearest metro station to Lady Shri Ram College For Women is the Moolchand Metro Station
- The nearest market to Lady Shri Ram College for women – Sarojni Market, Amar Colony market, Epicuria, Diggin, M-block market, CP market is the closest to Lady Shri Ram College For Women.
- Other DU colleges beside Lady Shri Ram College for women – PGDAV, Ramanujan College, Deshbandhu College.
- Nearest PG available to Lady Shri Ram College for women – The area where you can fund PGs nearest to the Lady Shri Ram College For Women is Lajpat Nagar.
- Famous alumni of Lady Shri Ram College for women – The famous alumni of the Lady Shri Ram College For Women Delhi University includes Aditi Rao Hydari, Bollywood actress; Sanjana Sanghi, Bollywood actress; Priyamvada Kant , Actress; Anupriya Patel, MP MIRZAPUR Uttar Pradesh; Anshula Kant, Chief Financial Officer and Managing Director, The World Bank; Anasuya Sengupta, Senior Director of Grantmaking, Wikimedia Foundation; Chitra Subramaniam, India’s first woman investigative journalist; Anjali Gopalan, honoured with Chevalier de la Legion d’Honneur; Baisali Mohanty, classical dancer and choreographer; Aung San Suu Kyi, pro-democracy activist and leader of the National League for Democracy in Burma, Nobel Peace Prizelaureate; columnist; Archana Puran Singh, television host, Bollywood actress, anchor and celebrity judge; Chhavi Rajawat, Sarpanch of village Soda; Deepa Mehta, filmmaker; Devangana Dash, author and designer; Divya Dwivedi, philosopher; Gauri Khan, film producer, interior designer: Gita Mittal, Judge, Delhi High Court; Gita Gopinath, Chief Economist, International Monetary Fund; Gurmehar Kaur, Young Activist, Writer, Leader; Indu Malhotra, Judge, Supreme Court of India; Jaishree Misra, popular fiction author; Jasmine Kaur Roy, filmmaker; founder of Naz Foundation (India) Trust; Kiran Walia, ex-MLA; ex-Minister of Health and Family Welfare Department, Women & Child Development and Languages, Delhi Government.; KavitaKavita Sachdeva Wani, Director, Casting and Talent Division, Red Chillies Entertainment; ManekaManeka Sanjay Gandhi; Meenakshi Reddy Madhavan, author; Nabila Jamshed, author; Poile Sengupta, writer; Prajna Paramita, Diplomat from the Indian Foreign Service; Nidhi Razdan, NDTV anchor; Meenakshi Gopinath, educationist, former principal and Padma Shri awardee; Mridula Mukherjee, Director, Nehru Memorial Museum and Library, Delhi; Niharika Acharya, editorial director, National Journal; Pariva Pranati, popular TV actress; the first girl from Lady Shri Ram College to win the Rector’s Prize for the Best Undergraduate in Delhi University (1970); Priya Prakash, businesswoman; Naina Lal Kidwai, Chief Executive Officer, HSBC India; Preeti Saran, Diplomat from the Indian Foreign Service; Raashi Khanna, Tollywood actress; Rasika Dugal, Indian film actress; Sakshi Tanwar, television actress; Sayani Gupta, Indian film actress; Shikha Sharma, CEO Axis Bank India; Shivani Mathur, visual artist, London; Shriya Saran, Indian film actress; Sujatha Singh, former Indian Foreign Secretary; Uma Sharma, Kathak dancer; Anjana Sinha, IPS officer; Usha Thorat, Former Deputy Governor, Reserve Bank of India; Vinita Bali, Managing Director, Britannia Industries; Sunita Kohli, Interior Designer who restored Rashtrapati Bhawan; Kavita Singh, Professor and Infosys Prize winner; Vasundhara Sirnate, Indian political scientist and journalist
CUTOFF OF ARTS COURSES IN THE COLLEGE OF LSR
|CUT-OFF (1ST LIST) 2019|
|B.A. (Hons.) English||97.75||95.00||95.00||93.00||96.50||91.50|
|B.A. (Hons.) Hindi||86.00||82.00||80.00||76.00||85.00||77.00|
|B.A. (Hons.) History||97.00||92.75||92.00||92.00||96.00||88.00|
|B.A. (Hons.) Political Science||98.00||96.00||94.50||95.25||97.50||90.00|
|B.A. (Hons.) Sanskrit||66.00||62.00||62.00||60.00||65.25||60.00|
|B.A. (Hons.) Sociology||97.00||93.50||91.75||91.75||96.00||90.00|
CUTOFF OF COMMERCE COURSES IN THE COLLEGE OF LSR
|CUT-OFF (1ST LIST) 2019|
CUTOFF OF SCIENCE COURSES IN THE COLLEGE OF LSR
|CUT-OFF (1ST LIST) 2019|
|B.Sc (Hons.) Statistic||GEN.||OBC||SC||ST||EWS||PwD|
|B.Sc (Hons.) Mathematics||96.75||93.50||92.00||90.00||96.00||87.00|
To check out the cut-off list of 2018, click here.
Lady Shri Ram College For Women Delhi University offers many courses in the arts, commerce, and science stream.
FAMOUS SOCIETIES OF LADY SHRI RAM COLLEGE FOR WOMEN
- The Indian Music Society (IMS)
- The Western Music Society (WMS)
- Elocution Society
- Debate Society
- Connecting Dreams LSR Chapter
- Women Development Cell
- Hive-Fine Arts
- Expressions- Creative Writing Society
- Projeckt-Film & Photography
- Abhivyakti- Hindi Creative Writing Society
- Prakriti- Environment Society
- Information Cell
- Voluntary Agency Placement Programme
- The Dramatics Society
- Interface- The Academic Forum
- Dance Society
- Quiz Society
- World University Service Society
POSTGRADUATE COURSES IN LADY SHRI RAM COLLEGE FOR WOMEN DELHI UNIVERSITY
Lady Shri Ram College For Women offers various courses in postgraduation that includes MA (Hons) in Economics, MA (Hons) in English, MA (Hons) in Hindi, MA (Hons) in History, MA (Hons) in Journalism, MA (Hons) in Philosophy, MA (Hons) in Political Science, MA (Hons) in Psychology, MA (Hons) in Sanskrit, MA (Hons) in Sociology and M.Sc (Hons) in Mathematics, Statistics.
Important notifications regarding admission, exams for postgraduation courses are easily available on the official website of the college.
For the postgraduation course, there is an entrance exam for admission. The candidates can apply to these courses online, in a prescribed application form within the notified period. The admission process for this course usually begins around the month of November with the filling of an online application form and lasts until April when the students are admitted to the college.
For admission to several postgraduation courses, the admission process of Lady Shri Ram College For Women Delhi University begins in the month of May or June every year. This admission process is directly handled by the concerned department of Delhi University.
Lady Shri Ram College For Women Delhi University is one of the top-ranked Colleges of Delhi University. They have good faculty, placements, infrastructure, and consist of a diverse crowd. Moreover, the College furnishes a brilliant platform for the students. The campus is loaded with activities all year round. LSR College is best for students who want to pursue a career in co-curricular activities. Also, the college has many fascinating aspects. Your three years in this college is going to be one of the best three years of life. If you are getting the opportunity to get admission to this college then you should grab it.
To Read Details About Other DU Colleges Visit Here.
FOR INSTANT DELHI UNIVERSITY UPDATES FOLLOW US ON INSTAGRAM
Meeting new challenges is her passion. She is very fond of Physics in everything and constantly tries to make herself aware of the world around her.