DU Admission 2020: Separate Application Process for two Delhi University Colleges
On 20 June 2020, the Delhi University has started his admission process of undergraduate courses. The students can fill the admission form on the official website of Delhi University du.ac.in. 4th July is the last date to submit an application form. Due to the outbreak of a pandemic, the admission process was delayed this year.
The University of Delhi offers merit-based admissions through its affiliated colleges. Admissions are based on the applicant’s aggregate percentage marks in 12th board exams, under several streams of studies. The University offers admission under different faculties namely Social Sciences, Commerce and Business Studies, Mathematical Sciences, Applied Social Sciences and Humanities, Arts, Sciences as well as Interdisciplinary and Applied Sciences.
For admission in DU Colleges, the candidates have to fill the application form. However, there are two colleges in Delhi University who have their own separate application process. St. Stephen’s and JMC admission process is different than other DU colleges.
St. Stephen’s College is a North Campus, Coed college whereas, Jesus and Mary College is a South Campus, girl’s college. The students who want to take admission in these colleges need to apply separately on their college websites too.
It is mandatory that a student must fill the centralized admission form available on the University’s official website. Students who fail to fill both the forms of College and Centralized form on DU’s website will not be considered for the admission if he or she has filled the college form but not the centralized one.
Table of Contents
St. Stephen’s College Application Process 2020:
Like other colleges St. Stephen’s College will also prepare the cut-off list for undergraduate admission. The cut-off list will be declared in online mode and totally depend on the marks scored by the students in their 10+2 class. Once the aspirant’s name comes out in the cut-off list of St. Stephen’s College, they will be an interview process. St. Stephen’s offers around 10 UG and 9 PG Programmes. The college provides 85% weightage to Class 12 marks, 10% to the interview, and 5% to the aptitude test respectively. St. Stephen’s College is a college of Christian minority which invites Christian applicants from all over the world.
In St. Stephen’s college, 50% of seats are reserved for Christian aspirants, being a Christian minority college. However, 50% of the total sum of seats will be set entirely for the Christian candidates which are filed as below:
• Christian Minority – 17% (out of 50%)
• For the North India Church, 25% of the total seats will be reserved. (12.5% of the total) 50% out of it shall be reserved for candidates who pertain to the Diocese of Delhi, CNI who manages the whole college.
• The remaining 33% seats shall be occupied by candidates belonging to all the other Christian denominations, who will be referred to as ‘Christian others’.
Now apart from Christian aspirants, the rest of the 50% seats which are vacated for the candidates from General/SC/OBC/ST category will be divided as cited below:
• 17% for SC/ST
• For General Merit category 83% seats are reserved
• Candidates who are applying under the Sports Category quota, shall be granted admission on the basis of the merit distribution which is as follows:
• Class XII marks – (BFS/PCM) 40%
• Sports Merit which contains 20% college trials and 30 % Certificates
• Interview – 10%
Online Application Process for St. Stephen’s College:
1. Applicants first register on the University of Delhi portal and secure a university registration
2. Access to the St. Stephen’s College admissions portal is not possible without the university registration number. Candidates are advised to use the same contact details and email ids when accessing both sets of application forms.
3. After completing the registration process (on the St. Stephen’s College admissions portal) the applicant begins to fill the application form, upload certificates and pays the fees. After successful completion (registration + filling up the application form) the portal generates a receipt with an application number (which is required for future reference at St. Stephen’s College).
Jesus And Mary College Admission Process 2020:
Students who want to take admission in Jesus & Mary College (JMC) can fill the form online via the DU Central Admission Portal. The aspirant striving admission to the undergraduate courses in UG merit-based and UG entrance test based program courses have to register online on the UG admission portal. The aspirant who fulfills the requisite cut-off will login to the UG admission portal. According to the admission schedule, the qualified applicants shall take the print out of the admission form. They have to take the list of documents/certificates and report to the college for verification of documents.
• To register, the candidates must first apply at the University of Delhi Centralised Admission Portal.
• Applicants who have finished 10+2 from a relevant stream eligible to apply for the respective UG courses.
• The applicants must have a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant stream to apply for the PG courses.
• Merit-based admission in the qualifying the examination is granted for admission in JMC
• Admission to the B.El.Ed course will be done on the basis of performance in an entrance test.
• Merit List for the UG courses will be prepared based on the marks in the best four subjects in the qualifying 12th standard examination.
• For Christian students, 50% of seats are reserved.
• In the calculation of the best four marks for appearing the merit list, English will be considered as one of the subjects.