The School of Open Learning established under the University of Delhi in 1962, known as The School of Correspondence Courses and Continuing Education, is a pioneer organization in the field of distance teaching in India.
The country saw the opening of an additional mode of education when the school started in 1962 with a straightforward admission of 900 students. In the academic session 2006-2007, the school enrolled more than two lakh students. On many events, students of the School Of Open Learning have topped in various subjects.
The admission process for various courses in the school is regulated by the criteria specified by the University of Delhi. The examination is also directed by the University of Delhi. University of Delhi grants degrees to school aspirants as it does in the case of its supplementary constituent colleges.
School Of open learning has no variation in the syllabus It is the same as the other component colleges and departments of Delhi University. In an action to fulfill the desires of the increasing number of students, From the academic session 1990-91, the School Of Open Learning inaugurated the South Study Center at Moti Bagh.
There are various undergraduate and postgraduate degree courses offered by the School Of Open Learning in Arts / Humanities and Commerce subjects. The tool of instruction is mainly through well-prepared printed course material which is allotted by mail to all students who enrolled. It is also formulated through a personal contact procedure organized for the help of students at several study centers operated by the School Of Open Learning.
For academic dealings with students, professional staff is always available on the leading campus. The School Of Open Learning provides learning from different methods such that students can learn and grow skillfully, and grab different skills. The distance learning method is a feasible alternative for students who assign an adaptable medium to attain higher education.
Other than this School Of Open Learning has a well-managed library that enables a wider collection of the proposed courses at modern events. The School Of Open Learning also has a South Learning Center in South Moti Bagh, New Delhi. A well-appointed faculty is always accessible on the major campus for educational interaction with students.
KNOW YOUR COLLEGE- SCHOOL OF OPEN LEARNING DELHI UNIVERSITY
- Best courses offered by School of Open Learning – B.COM (Hons.), B.A. (Programme), B.A.(Programme) with Mathematics.
- NIRF Ranking of School of Open Learning – Not Available
- Fees range- The fees for the first year of School of Open Learning Delhi University ranges from Rs 3,430 to Rs 5,140.
- Fun facts about the School of Open Learning – you can explore Delhi and make lots of memories. You will never be more careless and devoid of responsibilities in your life, so make sure you have your share of fun. Getting admission to the School of Open DU SOL is good because you do not have a class-bound. You can study a lot anywhere, whether you want to study in the morning or at night, you can choose your best suitable time. Also, you feel good in the School of Open Learning, when you saw regular college students who get irritated with their college rules and examination process.
- Placement companies that come to the School of Open Learning– School of Open Learning have impressive internships and placements. Some top recruiting companies for the School of Open Learning are KPMG and PWC, EY, SBI, PNB, CBI, etc. The average package offered is approximately 3.5 to 4 lakhs. College also helps on getting a good internship during the course, and hence you can do both the work easily.
- What campus does the School of Open Learning belong to? The School of Open Learning belongs to the North Campus.
- What is the proper address of the School of Open Learning? 5 Cavalry Lines University of Delhi, New Delhi, Delhi (north campus).
- Nearest metro station to School of Open Learning – The nearest metro station to School of Open Learning is the Vishwavidyalaya Metro Station
- Nearest market to School of Open Learning – Kamla Nagar Shopping Market Delhi is the closest to the School of Open Learning.
- Other DU colleges besides the School of Open Learning – Ramjas College, St. Stephen’s College, Miranda House, Kirori Mal College, Hindu College, Hansraj College, SRCC.
- Nearest PG available to School of Open Learning – The area where you can fund PGs near to the School of Open Learning is Patel Nagar.
- Famous alumni of the School of Open Learning – The famous alumni of the School of Open Learning include Narendra Modi, Prime Minister of India and former Chief Minister of Gujarat, and Sushmita Sen.
DU SCHOOL OF OPEN LEARNING ADMISSIONS: HOW TO APPLY
Aspirants will have to pay a fee of Rs 500 as application fee. In case, a student needs to alter their course they will have to spend an extra Rs 100 and for change of subject, a fee of Rs 50 will be accepted per subject. If you want to apply for admission in the School of Open Learning you have to follow some easy steps given below:-
Step 1: Visit the official website, sol.du.ac.in.
Step 2: If a pop-up arises, examine instructions. After that you have to click on the option ‘proceed’
Step 3: If not, on the homepage, click on the ‘UG admissions’ option
Step 4: Click on ‘for new UG admissions, to fill the form
Step 5: Now carefully fill the form, upload all the necessary documents
Step 6: After that make payment
Step 7: Now you can print the fee receipt and id card.
COURSES OFFERED AT DU SCHOOL OF OPEN LEARNING
There are various undergraduate and postgraduate degree courses offered by the School of Open Learning such as:-
- B.COM (Hons.)
- BA. (Programme)
- BA. (Hons.) English
- BA. (Hons.) Hindi
- BA. (Hons.) Hindi
- BA. (Programme) with Mathematics
- BA. (Hons.) PS
- BA. (PS)
- BA. (Hons.) Punjabi
- BA. Sanskrit
- BA. (Sanskrit)
- BA. (Tamil)
- BA. (Urdu)
POSTGRADUATE COURSES IN SOL
There are various courses offered by the School of Open Learning Delhi University in postgraduation such as M.COM, M.A in Hindi, political science, Sanskrit, etc.
To get the latest information please visit the official website of School Of Open Learning. A beginner ready to apply for any of these courses may get the application form or the prospectus from the main center of School of Open Learning(North Campus) or from the South Study Center, New Delhi. Situated at South Moti Bagh.
An aspirant can also fulfill the application form for admission in undergraduate courses along with the scanned self-attested papers of the mandatory papers online with the help of the official website of the School of Open Learning.
All the needed information has been provided in the above article. School of Open Learning offers distant learning criteria. It is an elastic medium for the students who want to follow distinct courses that work according to their desires. Also, the School of Open Learning provides decent study material but it is not sufficient for exams. The School of Open Learning believes additional on the concept of theory. If you want to get admission to the School of Open Learning then you must grab this chance.
To read more about other DU Colleges, visit here.
FOR MORE DELHI UNIVERSITY UPDATES FOLLOW US ON INSTAGRAM
A good listener and lover of science and technology to use that for creating art with a passion for poetry, research, and dance. A girl who is curious, Energetic, and enthusiastic about helping others.