The University of Delhi (DU) will close the registration process for admission tomorrow i.e., July 4. The number of applications for DU admissions this year is way more than that of last year’s. As many as 2,81,950 or over 2.83 lakh students have registered, for the undergraduate courses alone this year. However, only 1.59 lakh students of these have submitted the entire admission form as well as the fee for UG courses. Including the postgraduate and M.Phil courses, the total number of registrations for DU admissions is 4,04,315 this year.
The number of applications has exceeded from that of last year. According to the experts, the competition for admission to prestigious colleges will be harder this year. The students who must have planned to move abroad for studies would also apply to Indian colleges. The cut-off release for DU admissions would showcase the exact impact of this. The students who still haven’t applied for DU admissions yet can do so at du.ac.in.
STEPS TO APPLY FOR DU ADMISSIONS 2020:-
1. Go to the official website of Delhi University
2. Click on the option ‘admissions 2020’
3. On the basis of the course you wish to apply for, click on UG/PG OR MPhil Ph.D. portal 2020
4. A new tab will open
5. Click on the new registration option, fill in the details and create a log
6. Enter the verification code
7. Fill in the form and upload the documents
8. Pay the admission fee
DOCUMENTS NEEDED FOR DU ADMISSIONS 2020
1. Marksheets of class 10th and 12th
2. If favorable, OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) certificate
3. If favorable, EWS Certificate
4. if favorable, self- attested copies of the requisite certificates of ECA/Sports categories must be uploaded
FEE FOR DU ADMISSIONS 2020
A one-time registration fee for DU admissions has to be paid by the students. The fee is Rs 250 for merit-based courses. The fee is Rs 100 for the candidates belonging to SC/ST/PWD/EWS category. For those applying under ECA or sports quota, an additional registration fee of Rs 100 will be applicable. A fee of Rs 750 will be applicable for the entrance-based course. An entrance-fee for reserved category candidates is Rs 300. A student will have to pay Rs 1,000, in case if he/she wishes to cancel their admission.
The entrance process, this year, will be held online for which DU has announced various crucial changes. No marks shall be deducted this year for the candidates changing stream to join the BA program. There will not be any trails for ECA category students. The sports quota admissions will be given on the basis of exams and awards etc., instead of a trial. Two new courses have also been introduced by the University at the postgraduate level – MSc Biophysics and Masters in Journalism.