Maulana Azad Medical College (MAMC) is one of the biggest medical colleges in the national capital and was established in the year 1958. According to the proposals of the second five-year plans of the government, the Maulana Azad Medical College Delhi University started in the name of Delhi medical college which is nearer to Irwin Hospital. In the year 1958, MAMC was shifted to a three-storied block established as an anatomical block, later this place transformed into burns and plastic surgery ward while on the second floor of the block, a lecture theatre, laboratory, and library were setups.
MAMC is named after our first education minister and a great patriot of Independent India Maulana Abdul Azad. In today’s era, he stands as an embodiment of medical excellence. Since it comprises of several specialty medical courses and dedicated highly qualified professors, the college is immensely contributing to the medical research and grants.
The Maulana Azad Medical College Delhi University constituents of with over four upscale hospitals co-exist on Delhi University campus which bestows an incredible environment for medical students during their training. The medical college with its excellent faculty members, high-quality education, patient care, and research all serve to entice the most deserving learners to this college.
Maulana Azad Medical College was ultimately found in the year 1958 and is connected to the Delhi’s Lok Nayak Hospital which was earlier called by the name Irwin Hospital. This medical institute has departments in the varied medical field including biochemistry, anatomy, ENT, general surgery, forensic, dermatology, general medicine, STD and Leprosy, microbiology, neonatology, obs and GYN, orthopedic, pediatrics, pediatric surgery, pathology, physiology, pharmacology, radio-diagnosis, radiotherapy, psychiatry, and pulmonary.
To seek admission to M.B.B.S or an undergraduate course, the students are required to appear and clear the All India Pre-Medical Test (AIPMT) which is administered by CBSE. For seeking admission to the postgraduation MS/MD course or PG diploma course, students are required to hear the AIPGMEE I.e., All India Postgraduate Medical Entrance Exam which is held by the NBE or National Board of Examination. For M.Ch. or Postdoctoral course, the students are required to appear for the DUMET exam, which is held by the University of Delhi. On finishing the course, candidates are required to visit the official website of the college and pay the required fee for the admission to the course.
Admission for the MBBS program in MAMC is given based on NEET. Students seeking admission to MBBS in MAMC are required to qualify for the NEET entrance test conducted by CBSE. Alert from JIPMER and AIIMS, NEET is the only medical entrance test conducted in the country for undergraduate admissions. It is compulsory for the candidate belonging to the unreserved category to score a minimum of 50% in the NEET exam to become eligible for admission to the BDS or MBBS course.
Table of Contents
- 1 KNOW YOUR COLLEGE- MAULANA AZAD MEDICAL COLLEGE DELHI UNIVERSITY
- 2 BASIC ADMISSION CRITERIA IN THE MAULANA AZAD MEDICAL COLLEGE, DELHI
- 3 FAMOUS SOCIETIES OF MAULANA AZAD MEDICAL COLLEGE DELHI UNIVERSITY
- 4 POSTGRADUATE COURSES
- 5 CONCLUSION
KNOW YOUR COLLEGE- MAULANA AZAD MEDICAL COLLEGE DELHI UNIVERSITY
- Best courses offered by Maulana Azad Medical College – MBBS, and MD.
- NIRF Ranking of Maulana Azad Medical College – Not Available
- Fees range- The fees for the first year of College of Maulana Azad Medical College Delhi University ranges from Rs 12,00 to Rs 30,000 for various UG and PG courses.
- Fun facts about Maulana Azad Medical College – The official annual fest of Maulana Azad Medical College “Synapse” which takes place in March is the most awaited and hyped fest of all time. The annual cultural fest of MAMC ‘Synapse’ is the major highlight. Synapse is a five-day-long MAMC fest being true to its name it brings together students from various disciplines. Also, the Maulana Azad Medical College organizes a Maulana Azad Premier League (MAPL) where 8 teams compete against each other.
Moreover, Maulana Azad Medical College has a good campus crowd. Along with this, the college provides students with several facilities including Library, sports, bank, playground, hostels for boys/girls, canteen, transport facility, cafeteria, conference hall, dental hospital, internet facility, etc.
- Placement companies that come to Maulana Azad Medical College – Maulana Azad Medical College’s undeniable placement and training cell which intermittently liaises and associates with the outside world to examine the chance of internships and job opportunities for students.
Students in Maulana Azad Medical College are required to do a one-year-long mandatory internship at Lok Nayak Hospital.
- What campus does the Maulana Azad Medical College belong to? The Maulana Azad Medical College belongs to the south Campus.
- What is the proper address of the Maulana Azad Medical College? Lady Hardinge Medical College, New Delhi, Connaught Place, Delhi 110001.
- Nearest metro station to Maulana Azad Medical College – The Rajiv Chowk Metro Station is the nearest metro station to Lady Hardinge Medical College.
- Nearest market to Lady Hardinge Medical College – The market closest to the Maulana Azad Medical College is NDMC Market.
- Other DU colleges besides the Maulana Azad Medical College – Maulana Azad Institute of Dental Sciences, Zakir Husain Delhi College.
- Nearest PG available to Maulana Azad Medical College – The areas where you can find PGs near to the Maulana Azad Medical College are Pahar Ganj and Vikram Nagar.
- Famous alumni of the Maulana Azad Medical College – The famous alumni of the College Of Maulana Azad Medical College are- Saumitra Rawat (Indian surgical gastroenterologist), Upendra Kaul, Ravinder Goswami, Kamal Kumar Sethi, Vandana Jain, Brijendra Kumar Rao, Karthik Nagesh, Shekhar Seshdhari, Yash Gulati, Ganesh Kumar Mani, Pawan Raj Goyal, Pramod Kumar Gulka, Diljeet Singh Gambhir, Gulshan Rai Khatri, Lalit Dar, Susmita Chowdhary, Jyotiranjan Sahoo, Sumit K Gupta, Bhupinder Kalra, Tanvi Gupta, Atul Kumar, Akansha Goyal, Atul Kumar, Rahul Jain, etc.
BASIC ADMISSION CRITERIA IN THE MAULANA AZAD MEDICAL COLLEGE, DELHI
Students who wish to apply for seeking admission to Maulana Azad Medical College must be an Indian National. The student must have reached 17 years of age as on or by 31st December of the admission year. The maximum age limit for seeking admission to MAMC is 25 years however, there’s a relief of five years students belonging to ST/SC/OBC.
Aspirants must have cleared/appeared in +2 examination with English, Chemistry, Biology/bio-technology, and Physics as mandatory subjects in class 11th and class 12th from any recognized board/school administering regular lessons arranged in Delhi-NCR only.
The aspirants must have cleared the above-mentioned examination in all the respective subjects. Students who have cleared their Class 12th examination from Delhi University(SOL) School of open learning are not qualified to apply for admission to MAAC.
FAMOUS SOCIETIES OF MAULANA AZAD MEDICAL COLLEGE DELHI UNIVERSITY
- Mrichkatakum – Drama Society
- Prodigy – Dance Society
- Pravachya – Literature Society
- Confluence – Music Society
- Fash – Fashion Society
- Fine Arts Society
The various postgraduation courses offered by Maulana Azad Medical College Delhi University are Postgraduate MD/MS, Postgraduate diploma, and Post-doctoral M.Ch. The courses offered by MAMC are recognized by the Indian Medical Council and the MAMC is affiliated to Delhi University.
Maulana Azad Medical College is one of the best medical colleges in India, which has excellent infrastructure, faculty, and comprises of a diverse crowd from across the country. Moreover, the College Maulana Azad Medical College comprises of a great collection of books in its library. The college while maintaining its uniqueness fulfills all the terms of excellence that a medical student desires. To get more information regarding admission, ranking, event, faculty, exam, etc visit the official website of Maulana Azad Medical College i.e., https://www.mamc.ac.in/.