Jesus and Mary College Delhi University, popularly known as JMC is one of the constituent and reputed colleges of Delhi University. It is a girls college located in New Delhi. It is founded by a Religious of Jesus and Mary. St. Claudine Thevenet, also known as Mary of St. Ignatius found this Roman Congregation in Lyon, France in 1818. The student body of Jesus and Mary College is not affiliated with Delhi University Students Union (DUSU).
The college offers an undergraduate degree in commerce, arts, and maths. It offers many honors degrees in Elementary Education, Vocational Studies, Economics, Psychology, English, History, Sociology, Political Science, Hindi, Economics, Mathematics, and commerce. In 1919, Jesus and Mary Convent was established. In 1968, the college of women Jesus and Mary College was found. At that time, the college offered only courses, B.A. (Hons.) English and B.A. Pass. Soon, it started offering degree programs in other courses also.
Table of Contents
- 1 KNOW YOUR COLLEGE-JESUS AND MARY COLLEGE
- 2 CUT-OFF LIST OF SCIENCE COURSES OF JESUS AND MARY COLLEGE DELHI UNIVERSITY
- 3 CUT-OFF LIST OF COMMERCE COURSES OF JESUS AND MARY COLLEGE
- 4 CUT-OFF LIST OF ARTS COURSES OF JESUS AND MARY COLLEGE
- 5 POST-GRADUATION COURSES
- 6 FAMOUS SOCIETIES OF JESUS AND MARY COLLEGE
- 7 CONCLUSION
KNOW YOUR COLLEGE-JESUS AND MARY COLLEGE
To know more about the history, faculty, courses offered, sports, and societies of Jesus and Mary College Delhi University, click here. Know about fun facts also.
- Best Courses offered in Jesus and Mary College: Jesus and Mary College offers specialization in many fields. Not only in terms of undergraduate courses, the college offers many add-on courses also. Still, students prefer to students B.A. Honours and B.Com. in Jesus and Mary College Delhi University.
- NIRF Ranking of Jesus and Mary College: NIRF stands for National Institutional Ranking Framework. As per the NIRF Ranking 2020, Jesus and Mary College is at the 37th position across India.
- Fees Range: Jesus and Mary College charge different fees for different subjects. Still, for commerce students, it is around Rs.15,000 to 17,000. For arts courses, the fees range from Rs.15,000 to 16,000. In Psychology, the fee is quite higher than other arts courses. For the Science stream, the fee structure ranges around Rs.17,000, B.El.Ed around Rs.21,000 and for B.Voc, it is around Rs.17,000.
- Fun Facts about Jesus and Mary College:
It is the only Christian Minority College other than St Stephen’s. The college has a beautiful campus and a newly renovated library that is fully digitalized. It has a multipurpose hall in which all the events of the college take place. The college is not associated with the Delhi University Students Union (DUSU). It is the pioneering college of Delhi University that started a Placement Cell.
- Placement Companies that come to Jesus and Mary College: The Placement Cell of Jesus and Mary College creates a link between students and the corporate world. It is a pioneering college of DU to start a Placement Cell. The talent and interest of students attract the companies to arrive at the campus and hire them. The cell helps in preparing students for interviews and conducts various workshops to develop the skills of students. It provides educational counseling and internships to the students. Some of the top companies that come to Jesus and Mary College Delhi University are Deloitte, Ernst and Young (EY), KPMG, Accenture, Bain, ICICI Bank, PwC, Cvent, Tata Consultancy Service, The Oberoi, Wipro, and many more.
- Which Campus does the College belong to? The college lies in the South Campus. it is one of the reputed and well-known colleges of South Campus Delhi University.
- What is the proper address of the College? Jesus and Mary College Delhi University lies in the Bapu Dham, Chanakyapuri, New Delhi, Delhi 110021.
- Nearest Metro Station to Jesus and Mary College: Durgabai Deshmukh South Campus is the nearest metro station to Jesus and Mary College. This metro station is on the pink line. It is the nearest metro station for all the colleges of South Campus.
- Nearest Market to Jesus And Mary College: As the college lies in the South Campus, Sarojini Nagar is the nearest market available. This market is famous among girls for shopping. The best quality of clothes can be available at a minimum cost and multiple varieties. Apart from shopping, Satya Niketan is famous among the students. Everyone can go with their friends and explore the place. This place is famous for its amazing food.
- Other DU colleges beside Jesus And Mary College: There are many colleges of South Campus near Jesus and Mary College Delhi University. Still, Maitreyi College is the nearest. Other DU colleges available near to it are Sri Venkateshwara College, Atma Ram Sanatan Dharma College, Motilal Nehru College, and many more.
- Nearest PG available to Jesus And Mary College: Satya is the nearest PG available to Jesus and Mary College. Moreover, girls can also opt for Anand Niketan.
- Famous alumni of Jesus and Mary College: The girls of Jesus and Mary College are talented in one field or the other. The college has popular alumni in every corner. The alumni were a part of the college societies as well. Some of the popular alumni of Jesus and Mary College are Neha Dhupia, Priyanka Gandhi, Apurvi Chandela, Manika Batra, Ambika Anand, Hasleen Kaur, Sushmita Mukherjee, Rakul Preet Singh, Usha Sanyal, Radhika Madan, Ankita Shorey, Namita Gokhale, Safoora Zargar, Prachi Tehlan, Tanvir Gill, Ratna Singh, Pratima Singh, Mrinalini Sharma, Simone Singh and many more.
CUT-OFF LIST OF SCIENCE COURSES OF JESUS AND MARY COLLEGE DELHI UNIVERSITY
|1st Cut off list 2019||General|
CUT-OFF LIST OF COMMERCE COURSES OF JESUS AND MARY COLLEGE
|1st Cut off list 2019||General|
CUT-OFF LIST OF ARTS COURSES OF JESUS AND MARY COLLEGE
|1st Cut off list 2019||General|
|B.A. (Hons.) Economics||96.25 (with eco)
98.25 (without eco)
|B.A. (Hons.) Psychology||98.00 (with psychology)
99.00 (without psychology)
|B.A. (Hons.) Sociology||96.00 (with soc)
98.00 (without soc)
|97.00 (for commerce)
96.00 (for arts and humanities)
|B.A. (Hons.) Hindi||65.00 (BFS)
|B.A. (Hons.) History||94.00 (with history in BFS)
96.00 (without history)
|B.A. (Hons.) Political Science||96.50 (with Pol. Science)
98.50 (without pol. Science)
|B. Voc (RM)||91.00|
|B. Voc (HM)||88.00|
To check out the 2020 cut-off, click here.
Jesus and Mary College do not offer courses for students to pursue post-graduation. It offers many courses for under graduation.
FAMOUS SOCIETIES OF JESUS AND MARY COLLEGE
Looking at the Alumni Part, it is clear that Jesus and Mary College have very talented students in societies. These students make society more popular and well known among all the colleges of Delhi University. Some of the popular societies of Jesus and Mary College are:
- Echo, The Western Music Society
- Mudra, The Western Dance Society
- Nrityanjali, The Indian Dance Society
- Photography Society
- Film Appreciation Society
- Dastaan, The Art and Architecture Society
The College also offers NSS, NCC, WDC, and many more other societies and cells.
Being a part of Jesus and Mary College of Delhi University is a matter of pride for the students. The girls of Jesus and Mary Society never lay off the reputation of their own and the college. The amazing food at the canteen and events attract the students to the college. Choosing Jesus and Mary College over other colleges of Delhi University can never be a regretting decision. The college life would be full of memories and fun.
To read details about other DU colleges, visit here.