Calculating the Best 4 to know if a student meets the cutoff marks is an important issue. DU admission 2020 has begun in full swing and the first cutoff will release today. SatyawatI College, Kirorimal College, Khalsa College, and several other colleges have already released their first cutoff. Thus, the process of calculating Best 4 is complicated and requires great alertness.
What is the Best 4 concept?
The Best 4 concept includes the calculation of the marks secured in the top 4 subjects. Amongst the marks obtained in all the subjects in the 12th standard mark sheet, the best 4 is taken to calculate the average. The marks obtained are added and then divided by 4.
The Best 4 includes:
1. One language(core, functional, elective).
2. Marks of the subject in which admission is to be taken (eg. If history Hons is to be taken, history should be the subject included in Best 4).
3. Stream change leads to deduction of the percentile.
4. Two other List A elective/academic subjects
5. 70% of theory marks and 30% practical marks in all subjects is optimum.
Other details to be followed in Best 4 calculation:
1. Accountancy and commerce are considered equivalent in the mark sheet.
2. Music and Physical Education will be considered as elective subjects only if honors are to be done in them.
3. Biology, Biotechnology, and Business studies will be considered as academic/ elective subjects
4. Business Mathematics will be considered equivalent to Mathematics for B.Com honors.
5. Legal Studies will be considered a core subject for Political Science honors.
6. Mass media will be considered an academic subject for Mass media honors.
7. A change in the stream will lead to a reduction in the total percentile.
Hence, these are some important points that have to be taken into consideration before calculating the Best 4 marks.