The application process of DU admission in undergraduate, postgraduate, and doctoral courses ends today, i.e. on 31st August. Students who want to apply to Delhi University can apply on the official website of Delhi University, du.ac.in till 5 pm. The application process for DU admission in merit-based courses is ending today whereas the application process of entrance based exams is already closed.
THE CUT OFF LIST IS EXPECTED TO GO HIGH THIS YEAR
This year, Delhi University adopted a single -form application form. It means that students can use this form for any course and college. Once the cuff of the list is released, students can apply in any college that matches the cut off and eligibility criteria. The cut off in DU admission is calculated on the basis of best 4 marks obtained in class 12th admission.
This year, experts believe that the cut off list is expected to go high. Two reasons are applicable to this. First, many applications are received this year for DU admission and secondly a huge jump in 95 percent marks in board exams. Last year, 2.5 lakh students applied for DU admission. This year, till 7 am on 31st August, the administration has received 3,49,541 applications.
STEPS ON HOW TO APPLY FOR DU ADMISSION
Students have to follow some steps to apply for DU admission.
- Visit the official website of Delhi University. Click on the link mentioning ‘ UG Registration is now open.’
- Students already registered can log in with their ID and password. Students who have not clicked yet have to click on the ‘New Registration’ link first given on the left-hand side.
- A new page appears. Students who completed their 12th class from CBSE Board have to click ‘Yes’ and other students have to click ‘No’.
- After answering these questions, fill in the required details like full name, email address, mobile number, class 12 passing year, class 12 examination roll number and school code. Students who completed their 12th from CBSE Board have to fill in many other details.
- After filling all the required details, click on the registration button given below.
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR DU ADMISSION
Here is the list of documents required while applying for DU admission:
- Student’s passport size photo.
- Student’s scanned signature.
- Self-attested mark sheet of class 10th or certificate containing the date of birth.
- Self-attested mark sheet of class 12th.
- SC/ST/PwD/CW/KM certificate of those students who applied in any of these categories.
- OBC Certificate issued in the name of the student on or after 31st March.
- EWS Certificate of the student issued by SDM that proves that candidate is reserved under this category.
REGISTRATION FEES UNDER DIFFERENT CATEGORIES
Students applying for DU admission have to pay a one-time registration fee. For merit-based admission, students under the general category have to pay Rs. 250. For students of SC/ST/PwBD/EWS category, the fee is Rs.100. Students who are applying under ECA or Sports quota have to pay an additional registration fee of Rs. 100.
FOR MORE DELHI UNIVERSITY UPDATES FOLLOW US ON INSTAGRAM