Due to the sudden elevation in the coronavirus cases, Delhi Metro authorities have disclosed a statement regarding rules for traveling during the night curfew imposed.
As per the updates, Anuj Dayal, Executive Director, Corporate Communications, DMRC has informed that the night curfew in Delhi starting tonight, an entry in Metro from 10 pm to 5 am will be permitted only to those passengers who come under the essential category as declared by the Delhi government after confirmation of their credible IDs by DMRC/CISF staff.
The statement further stated that DMRC also urges its users, who do not fall in the essential category, to finish the journey and reach their destination by 10 pm as they are not supposed to travel after 10 pm to 5 am in the Metro as per the fresh orders till 30th April 2021 or further orders whichever is earlier.
Essential Category’s individuals-
The following is the list of people who are permitted to travel during the restricted hours-
- Central and Delhi government officials who are implicated in emergency services such as health and family welfare and all related medical establishments, police, prisons, home guards, civil defense, fire, and emergency services will also be exempted. Also, the transport workers and administrative workers.
- Private medical staffs such as doctors, nursing staff, paramedical, and other hospital services, diagnostic centers, clinics, pharmacies, pharmaceutical companies, and other medical and health services with the production of a valid ID card
- Pregnant women and patients for getting medical/health services are excepted.
- Any person coming from/going to Airports/Railway stations/ISBTs authorized to travel only after the production of a valid ticket.
- Officers/officials connected to the functioning of offices of diplomats of various countries as well as persons holding any constitutional stake in the production of valid I-Card.
- There will be no constraint on inter-state and intra-state transportation of essential and non-essential goods. No separate clearance or e-pass will be required for such activities.
Delhi Government has inaugurated the recent rules and the night curfew was carried out from Tuesday night. The curfew will be in place between 10 pm and 5 am every day till the end of the month.