The University fulfilled some demands of DUSU regarding final year exams. Students are relieved with some of the decisions.
Delhi University Students Union (DUSU) submitted a memorandum highlighting the demands with regards to exams of final year students. There are many problems faced by the students due to upcoming examinations. So, the memorandum was proposed to address the concern of the students regarding exams. The memorandum stated some steps that should be followed in the best interest of students. In sort of all the points mentioned, the dean of examinations decided to implement some of the steps while taking up exams of final year students.
DEMANDS MENTIONED IN THE MEMORANDUM SUBMITTED BY DUSU
The crucial demands proposed by DUSU are:
- Exam timings should increase as students may face some technical problems while downloading question paper and uploading answer sheets. Moreover, students were being provided less time than what they used to get while appearing for pen and paper exams.
- There should be an increment in the number of questions given as the syllabus students were taught online covers only 50% of the entire syllabus.
- A portal should be generated for final year students where there is a provision of academic resource material like noted and syllabus to keep them thoroughly updated.
- Students should get an alternative of offline exams even after appearing online exams. Those who want to improve their scores can appear for offline exams later.
- All the students can submit their answer sheets in pdf form either question wise or entirely.
DEMANDS FULFILLED BY THE UNIVERSITY
Out of all the demands stated in the memorandum in the interest of students, the dean of examinations agreed to some of the points to carry forward as a part of online exams.
- Students will be given three hours to write the exam and one hour to upload their answer sheets. They will get a total of four hours to complete their exams. These four hours sums up to everything starting from downloading the question paper till uploading the answer sheets.
- Students will get one additional hour for downloading the question paper, writing answers, and uploading the answer sheets. They will get a total of 6 hours to appear for the exam.
- Students are allowed to upload their answer sheets by converting them into PDF files either question wise or entirely.
- Those students who could not appear for online exams have an option to appear for offline exams later.
These were some of the demands that are accepted by the university in favor of final year students. This fulfilling of another demand by DUSU provides some sort of relief to the students.