Delhi University B.El.Ed admission: Bachelor of Elementary Education is an undergraduate 4-year integrated program. Delhi University registration process is underway for the year 2021. The registration process will last on 31st August.
Delhi University B.El.Ed course provides a diversified range for career scope. The course comprises a high range of subjects, with a practical approach to learning.
Delhi university admits only female candidates for this course. So, colleges offering the course are only women colleges.
Table of Contents
- 0.1 DELHI UNIVERSITY B.El.Ed ADMISSION ELIGIBILITY
- 0.2 COMBINATION OF SUBJECTS IN LIST 1, 2, 3
- 0.3 STEPS FOR DELHI UNIVERSITY B.El.Ed REGISTRATION
- 0.4 SELECTION PROCESS FOR DELHI UNIVERSITY B.El.Ed ADMISSION
- 0.5 LIST OF COLLEGES AND THE SEATS FOR B.El.Ed COURSE
- 1 DELHI UNIVERSITY: MODEST SHUFFLE POSSIBLE IN 4-YEAR UG STRUCTURE
- 2 DU UG COURSES REGISTRATION PROCESS TO CLOSE ON AUGUST 31
DELHI UNIVERSITY B.El.Ed ADMISSION ELIGIBILITY
The minimum eligibility criteria are candidates must have passed class 12th or equivalent exam. Moreover, they must have secured an aggregate of 50% with a relevant stream. But backward caste candidates are eligible wirh 5% relaxation.
In addition, candidates must be of 17 years of age on or before 1st October of the admission year.
|Course||Minimum percentage required||Mandatory requirement of studied and passed subjects|
|Bachelor of Elementary Education (B.El.Ed.)||A candidate must have secured an aggregate of 50% in the 12th or an equivalent exam.
Moreover, have secured 50% marks in each of the subjects in the best four subjects.
· Criteria for selecting the best four subjects:
1. Candidates must include one subject from list 1and three from list 2.
2. Or can include one subject from list 1, two from list 2, one from list 3.
|Subjects are English/Hindi, Science, Maths, Social science.
Must have studied and passed these subjects till class 10th.
COMBINATION OF SUBJECTS IN LIST 1, 2, 3
|· English core
· English Elective
· Hindi Core
· Hindi Elective
|One language (other than that chosen in list 1, offered by CBSE or equivalent board.
· Biology or biotechnology.
· Political science
· Business studies or Accountancy or computer science or informative practices
|Any other subject other than subjects mentioned in list 1 and list 2 in class 12 or equivalent.|
STEPS FOR DELHI UNIVERSITY B.El.Ed REGISTRATION
- Firstly, we need to visit the official site of DU.
- Click on the UG admission portal 2021, the registration page will open.
- Select the new registration option, fill in the required details.
- Log in and fill in the required personal details(address, category, bank details).
- After entering the academic and sports(If any) details, upload the required documents.
- Click on the B.El.Ed entrance option.
- After selecting B.El.Ed, select the college preferences.
- Submit the application form after paying the registration.
- Lastly, print the application form for future reference.
SELECTION PROCESS FOR DELHI UNIVERSITY B.El.Ed ADMISSION
Delhi University conducts an entrance exam for admission. DU admits students based on the result of the entrance exam.
The exam consists of 100 MCQ questions. Each question carries 4 marks. On the other hand, there is 1 mark deduction for each incorrect answer. Moreover, the entrance exam is in bilingual mode.
After the result and cutoff is released, ualifying students can proceed with the counseling process. They have to follow the college preference as mentioned in the application form.
LIST OF COLLEGES AND THE SEATS FOR B.El.Ed COURSE
Category-wise seat distribution
|Institute of Home Economics||63||25||9||5||17||7||–|
|Jesus and Mary College||50||25||–||–||–||–||25|
|Lady Shi Ram College for Women||63||25||9||5||17||7||–|
|Mata Sundari College for Women||50||25||–||–||–||–||25|
|Shyama Prasad Mukherji College||63||25||9||5||17||7||–|
However, each college reserves 3 seats for PwD and CWAP categories.
ANNUAL FEE(IN INR) STRUCTURE FOR DU B.El.Ed
The fees of the colleges vary as per the categories.
|Institute of Home Economics||28890||255|
|Jesus and Mary college||20460||50|
|Lady Shri Ram College for women||19530||1550|
|Mata Sundari College for Women||22825||55|
|Shyama Prasad Mukherji College for Women||17035||125|
DELHI UNIVERSITY B.El.Ed ADMISSION: FAQ
- Is there a way to apply for offline admission?
Ans. No, there is only online mode to apply for at Delhi University B.El.Ed admission.
- What to do in case of incorrect email/ mobile number registered while registration?
Ans. Register again with the correct email and mobile number.
- How can we pay the registration fee on the portal?
Ans. The registration fee can be paid online through a Credit card/Debit card/Net Banking/UPI.
- What is the marking scheme of DU B.El.Ed entrance exam?
Ans. For each correct answer, candidates are awarded 4 marks. 1 mark will be deducted for each incorrect answer. No marks deduction for not attempting the answer.
- Are there any sports, ECA, or NCC/NSS seats?
Ans. No, they do not have any seat under sports, ECA, or NCC/NSS.