On 5 April, Vice-Chancellor Yogesh Singh released the Delhi University admission 2022-23 policy. And stated that the eligibility for admission will be based on the Common University Entrance Test (CUET). So, it is clear that this year admissions will be done through CUET marks.
Further, CUET has become compulsory in taking admission into 45 central universities across the country. Earlier, the concept of cut-offs marks was there in DU to get admission to UG courses. The cut-off used to be released based on 12th board exam marks.
Table of Contents
Varsity VC Yogesh Singh called the new admission policy the landmark policy. He asserted that all admission to undergraduate programs will be made by CUET. However, the School of Open Learning and the National Collegiate Women’s Education Board are not included in this new admission policy.
Furthermore, he acknowledged that e-counseling will be held after the declaration of CUET results. In that counseling, they will admit 30% extra students as compared to allocated seats. Therefore, in case of cancellation, the varsity seats remain the same.
He said, “All students must give CUET 2022 to get admission in over 45 central varsities. This includes those candidates also who are seeking admission to supernumerary seats. The candidates will become eligible for admission based on CUET marks.”
In the case of minority colleges such as St. Stephen’s College and Jesus Mary College, the criteria are a little different. In these colleges, 50 percent of seats are reserved. So, it has been decided, that 85 percent of the marks will be according to the CUET. Whereas remaining 15 percent will be taken according to the colleges, as per DU VC. However, the seats that are not reserved i.e, the remaining 50 % of seat admission are solely through CUET marks.
Admission Dean, Haneet Gandhi has made clear that the candidates can appear for CUET only in those subjects which they have taken in 12th class. Later, the merit will come after calculating the marks of subjects taken in CUET.
Most importantly, Gandhi said the gap year candidates are also eligible to appear for CUET. Also, as per the new admission policy, no deduction of marks will be there for changing streams.
CUET 2022 is divided into a total of three sections. And, there are two sub-parts in the first section. The first part of the first section consists of 13 languages whereas the second part includes 20 languages. Haneet said it is mandatory to appear in at least one language out of these two parts together for Delhi University admission 2022.
Moving on to the second section, which consists of 27-domain specific subjects. Haneet said candidates need to choose three subjects minimum from the second section for most of the programs. Further, the 2nd section is divided into two lists: B1 and B2. On the other hand, the third section is entirely based on general knowledge, it is only for admission to BA programs.
She stated the admission eligibility for most of the BSc programs will be calculated as per the Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, or Biology. Also, it is a criterion to obtain at least 30% marks in any one language in CUET.
The maximum number of subjects that a candidate can appear for is six subjects. But, one language subject should be included. She said that the earlier university takes the best of four subjects. Similarly, now the admission will be based on the best score of CUET.
To take admission to linguistic programs, candidates can choose any preferred language. Though, the preference will be given to candidates who appear for a particular language. Counseling will be conducted after tests.
Imagine a bustling college named Shaheed Bhagat Singh College, where a bunch of students, around… Read More
On a surprising day in December, something really unfair happened at Delhi University. Imagine playing… Read More