Delhi School Reopening: Several schools in Delhi are set to resume physical classes from Monday after remaining closed for 19 months due to the Covid-19 pandemic. However, many have decided to reopen school after Diwali.
Last week, the Delhi Disaster Management Authority, DDMA announced that schools would reopen for all classes from November 1. Though teaching and learning may continue in blended mode.
Further, DDMA said, “Schools will have to ensure that there is not more than 50 percent attendance in a class at a time. Also, no student should be forced to attend physical classes.”
In contrast, government schools have been reporting over 80 percent attendance reopened in September for classes 9 to 12. And private schools are in the process of sending out consent forms to parents. Most of them will decide their plan of action post-festive week.
Private schools in Delhi that will reopen after Diwali are Pushpanjali Enclave, Modern Public School, DAV Public School, Indian School, and Bal Bharti School, and more.
Table of Contents
DELHI SCHOOL REOPENING: DDMA GUIDELINES
- The principals and teachers should ensure that students attend the school with their parent’s consent.
- Teaching and learning will continue in hybrid mode (both online and offline classes).
- Further, more than 50 percent attendance is not allowed at a time.
- For double-shifted schools, there should be a gap of one hour between the entry of the first group of the evening shift and the departure of the last group of the morning shift.
- Time table is to be made as per the minimum capacity of the classrooms.
- Most importantly, schools will have to make sure that their teaching and non-teaching staff are vaccinated.
- Students are not allowed to share lunch boxes and books inside the school.
- Students, teachers, and workers living in containment zones will not be allowed on the school premises.
- Plus, schools have also been directed to maintain a ‘quarantine room’ in school for the event if teachers or students indicate any symptoms.
FOR MORE SUCH UPDATES FOLLOW US ON INSTAGRAM