Recently, a 12-year-old girl was allegedly sexually assaulted by a 33-year-old man in West Delhi. Not even a month passed when a girl was raped in COVID care center, a now another victim. No wonder why Delhi is regarded as the “Crime Capital of India”.
Due to several serious injuries, the minor is in serious condition. She has been admitted to All India Institute of Medical Science (AIIMS)
As the minor’s parents were daily wage earners, they went for their work. She was alone at home at Peera Garhi area of Paschim Vihar. Seeing this, the man assaulted the girl. The neighbors found her in a pool of blood and informed her parents. The brutal incident took place on 4th August evening.
Citing sources in the victim’s family, the report reveals the height of brutality. The girl has serious injuries in her private parts and intestine. Not only this, but she also suffered a fracture in her hips and head. Moreover, the rapist stabbed her multiple times with scissors. She has violent bite marks all over her body. The scratch marks on the assaulter’s body are proof that the minor fought courageously until she fell unconscious.
- The Police had lodged a case against the attacker under the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act (POCSO) and Section 307 (attempt to murder) of the IPC.
- The police had included several teams to recognize and arrest the accused. CCTV footage from the area in Paschim Vihar, where the assault took place, was also assessed.
- Swati Maliwal, DCW chief had also summoned DCP Outer Delhi. He wanted the Commission informed of the growths in the case.
- Police, on Thursday, 6 July, arrested the main accused in coalition with the rape and attempt to murder of a 12-year-old girl in Delhi, PTI noted.
- The accused is a 33-year-old man and has four criminal cases registered against him, including that of killing.
- The victim was sexually molested in the most brutal manner. He tried to kill her. As per the victim’s statement, the accused has beaten her with a blunt object during the assault, Maliwal said.
- We have served notice to Delhi police, sought action taken report including a copy of FIR, medical examination, FSL report, and inspection of the crime scene. We have demanded the immediate arrest of the culprit.
Adding further, she said Delhi police were asked to appear before the commission by August 8 and submit a report.
The accused, aged 33, is a dweller of Mongolpuri and works in a factory. Also, he has a case of murder registered against him dating back to 2006 and his involvement is suspected in numerous cases of theft. The accused is wanted in as many as four other criminal cases. Police officials familiar with the investigation said that the child saw the accused committing robbery which is why he sexually assaulted her before aiming to murder the 12-year-old.
The present condition of the victim
According to a doctor in AIIMS, the minor is stable now as the two days of treatment and operation has passed.
However, chairperson of Delhi Commission for Women (DCW) Swati Maliwal, who visited the hospital and interacted with the doctors, said the situation of the girl is “quite serious”.
She has undergone severe injuries but her condition is stable now. She was operated upon late on Tuesday night. She is in the ward and on oxygen support, the doctor asserted. However, the next 48 hours are very crucial for the minor.
CM Kejriwal’s visit to AIIMS
- A day after the brutal rape, Delhi Cheif Minister Arvind Kejriwal visited AIIMS hospital. He met her family and the doctors who are doing her treatment. He declared an aid of Rs 10 lakh to the family of the 12-year-old child.
- He tweeted, Came to know about the condition of the girl by addressing doctors and family in AIIMS. Doctors told that the next 48 hours are significant. I also talked to the police commissioner. The perpetrators of this terrible crime will obtain the harshest punishment. The government is giving 10 lakh rupees aid to the family.