On Monday, the state government announced a six-day Delhi lockdown from 19th April to 26th April till 6 AM to curtail the spread of coronavirus infection.
Citizens engaged in essential services like people dealing with fruits, vegetables, groceries, medicines, meat, among others, insurance offices and banks, delivery of food, petrol pumps, among others, will be permitted, however, they will be required to get an e-pass.
As per the order from the Delhi Government, the district magistrate will be responsible for the issuance of the traveling e-pass.
Delhi lockdown e-pass: Here’s how to apply for it
- First, go to the Delhi Government’s e-pass portal
- Next, click on the link which says apply for e-pass.
- Enter your mobile number, name, district, among other required details, and upload a valid government ID proof.
- Finally, submit a letter from the establishment or employer.
- Now click on the submit button. Upon successful submission of the application form, an e-pass number will be generated.
After your e-pass gets confirmed, an SMS will be sent to the applicant’s registered mobile number. The e-pass can be easily downloaded on the mobile or one can also take a printout of it.
SN Shrivastava, Delhi Police Commissioner recently urged the residents of Delhi to stay indoors. He added that a Delhi lockdown has been imposed by the state government from 19th April 10 PM till 26th April 5 PM. He further appealed to Delhi residents to stay indoors and be calm as the essential commodities and services will still be available.