Delhi University is calling students to the college to get their degree in such a pandemic situation. The Delhi HC is against this decision and pulled up Delhi University for such demands.
The Single bench of justice Pratibha M Singh said that the University cannot force students to come in this pandemic and college their degree certificates. Moreover, Delhi HC said that this decision will defeat the whole purpose of issuing a digital degree certificate.
Table of Contents
- 1 DELHI HC: DU MUST ASSIST PWD STUDENTS FOR EXAM TRAVEL
STUDENTS FILED A PETITION TO DELHI HC FOR NOT RECEIVING DEGREE CERTIFICATES
Mr. Dhritiman Ray order this petition. He graduated from Delhi University in 2018 but did not receive his degree certificate till now. He argued the delay of issuing his certificate. He said that the delay of Delhi University is jeopardizing his chance to study abroad. Similarly, other students of Delhi University facing similar issues and grievances filed their application in Delhi HC. They demanded the issue of their degree certificates through digital means.
COMMITTEE IS FORMED TO DEAL WITH DEGREE CERTIFICATES
Students should not be physically present to receive the degree from the college. After criticizing Delhi University after its inactive approach, Delhi HC constituted a committee. The committee will finalize the process of issuing digital certificates to the students.
SENIOR OFFICIALS OF HIGH COURT WILL BE A PART OF THE COMMITTEE
Senior officials from Delhi HC’s IT team, National e-Governance Division of the Ministry of Electronics and IT, Joint Director of DU’s Computer Center and Digilocker will be the part of the committee.
INSTRUCTIONS TO DEAL WITH DEGREE CERTIFICATES
The court instructed the committee to finalize the following things:
- Delhi University will provide an online link on the portal. Students can submit an application there to issue their degree certificates. Or, the petitioners can provide an email address to the candidates to submit their application of issuing their degree certificates.
- The timeline after verification of email and issuance of degree certificate.
- Through Email, the template for the degree certificate will be issued.
- Officials will take care to affix the digital signature and issuance of the same.
- They will also generate a sample degree in favor of one of the petitioners, duly signed with digital signatures.
- Timelines to transmit the past data to digilockers from Delhi University.
- Timelines to transmit data to digilockers periodically. Students can access their certificates from this data.