Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal announces Electric Vehicle policy: The Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) government of Delhi today launched the Electric Vehicle Policy for the capital. The objective of this new policy is to reduce pollution levels and generate employment in the city. Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal announced the Vehicle Policy.
On this event, Arvind Kejriwal said that the Delhi Government has prepared the Vehicle Policy of Delhi after working hard for the last 2-3 years and discussing it with all the people. This morning the policy has been notified by Arvind Kejriwal.
Arvind Kejriwal explained that this policy will be proved to be very beneficial he further added that he hopes that after 5 years from today, if the electric vehicle is discussed, Delhi will be named at the top. Through this policy, they aim to boost the economy of Delhi and reduce the level of pollution in the capital.
He announced that the Delhi government will provide financial assistance to the people purchasing electric vehicles under the Vehicle Policy. For this, an incentive amount of ₹ 30,000 will be given on 2 wheeler, 1.5 lakh on cars, 30,000 on auto-rickshaws, and e-rickshaws.
The electric vehicle policy objective
● Target to have 25% e-vehicles by 2024
● Up to Rs 30,000 subsidy on two-wheelers
● Up to 1.5 lakh subsidy on cars
● Up to Rs 30,000 subsidy on auto-rickshaw
● Up to Rs 30,000 subsidy on freight vehicles
● Up to 30,000 subsidies on e-rickshaws
● Registration fee and road tax exemption for e-vehicles
● 200 public charging stations
● Scraping incentives
● Low-interest loan on the purchase of e-vehicles
● Delhi government has targeted to include 35,000 e-vehicles within a year.