Table of Contents
- 1 The Delhi University is likely to launch an ‘Institute of Cyber Security and Law’ from September. According to the DU officials, the preparations have begun and it is expected that by next month the admission process will also begin.
- 2 “By August, the varsity will also issue a notification regarding the institute’s only ‘Post Graduate Diploma in Cyber Security and Law’ program,” an official said. It is learnt that the cyber security programme is a dream project of Prof. Yogesh Tyagi, the DU vice chancellor, for the academic session 2017-18.
- 3 “This course is being introduced seeing the growing demand for professionals in the cyber industry”, he added.
- 4 In the one-year course, there will be six papers each and one project each in both semesters. While 40 per cent weight-age will be given to practicals, 40 per cent will be covered by theory and 20 per cent weight-age will be given to project work. A summer and winter internship will also be a part of the course.
- 5 “The university had previously thought of taking an ‘all-India level entrance’ for admission to the course, but now there will be a qualifying exam based purely on merit and interview,” the official added.