CAT 2020 notification is likely to be released on July 26. It is anticipated by keeping the existing situation in perspective and plans by IIM Indore, the Convening IIM for CAT exam. This may happen because of some significant reasons. This year, the Convener of CAT exam 2020 is Professor Harshal Lowalekar, Faculty for Operations Management and Quantitative Techniques area at IIM Indore.
If the resources are to be believed, there will not be any changes in the schedule for CAT 2020 exam. The exam will be conducted in the last week of November 2020. CAT 2019 was conducted on the last Sunday of November, i.e., on November 24, 2019. Accordingly, no changes are expected this year as well.
The official website of CAT 2020 will be launched in the month of August. The same has been experienced in previous years too. Similarly, no change is expected in the CAT Testing Mode too.
It can be fairly assumed that CAT 2020 notification will not be halted. The entire CAT 2020 schedule will be disturbed if the delay happens.
KEY INFORMATION RELATED TO CAT 2020:-
1. The notification for CAT 2020 will be broadcasted through newspapers and online web portals.
2. The information regarding the management programs offered by IIMs will also be there in CAT 2020 notification.
3. The notification will also provide the eligibility criteria, exam date & sessions, registration date, result date, and testing mode for CAT 2020.
4. Information about the number of test centers will also be shared in CAT notification. Test centers will be in more than 150 cities.
5. An option to select four cities for tests in order of preference will be given to the candidates.
6. Candidates will be able to download their admit cards by October last week till the date of the test of CAT exam.
7. The information regarding the time duration of the test, i.e., 180 mins, will also be notified.
8. The three sections in CAT exam 2020 will also be explained through the notification – Section A: Reading Comprehension and Verbal Ability; Section B: Logical Reasoning and Data Interpretation; Section C: Quantitative Ability.
9. The notification will also comprise the details regarding the CAT website, that will go live in August 2020. Some of the commonly asked queries regarding CAT exam 2020 will be addressed through a section on Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs).
10. The information about the CAT official Mock test released by IIM Indore will also be notified. The CAT website will also provide the tutorials to comprehend the format of the test. The tutorials will be made available from the third week of October 2020.
Key Points to be Noted About CAT 2020 Notification
1. The pdf of the notification will be released along with the CAT exam notification. Download it for your convenience and go through it appropriately.
2. The programs offered by 20 IIMS will be mentioned in the CAT exam notification. The name of each IIM and its preferred program will have to be filled in order of preference to finish the registration process.
3. The eligibility criteria for the CAT exam will also be made disclosed through the notification. The candidates with 2 years of a university-recognized graduate degree in the old pattern have already been declared eligible for the CAT exam. To appear in CAT, 50% of the minimum prescribed percentage in the bachelor’s degree is required.
4. A valid e-mail and phone number will be needed by CAT applicants throughout the CAT exam schedule. Information, instructions, and messages will be sent on the registered e-mail and phone number from CAT center. The messages will be flowed from IIM Indore immediately, once candidates finish the registration process.
5. The registration process will start in the first week of August for the CAT exam. Keep a check on the precise opening and closing dates for registration in the CAT exam 2020 notification. The additional details regarding the registration will be made available on the official website of CAT iimcat.ac.in.