Table of Contents
- 1 Members of the left-backed All India Students Association (AISA) will launch a four-year report card of the Delhi University on Friday under the present BJP government at the Centre.
- 2 According to AISA members, the report titled “Chaar Saal, Chattron ka Haal” has assessed the government’s policy towards the students and youths of the country. “More than four years have passed since this government came to power but the situation of the students community has worsened. It has only made empty promises to the youth of this country and has failed to guarantee dignified employment for them,” said AISA DU president Kawalpreet Kaur.
- 3 “We have planned to reach out to every student of DU and ask them if they are satisfied with the present conditions or not. All the data collected from the students ‘Report Card’ will be made public on 17th August where it will be presented to all concerned authorities,” she said.
- 4 Among the areas covered in the report are- transportation facilities for students, scarcity of hostels, fee hike, women safety and jobs and placements. “Out of more than 1.5 lakh DU students, only 4000 students get hostels. Despite more than approx 100 acres lands available, the government has not constructed any hostel. It’s unwillingness to implement Rent Regulation Act has led to almost two-fold increase in the last four year,” AISA said in a statement.
- 5 The student’s body of Communist Party of India (ML) also highlighted the issue of “unemployment” in its report card. “While PM Modi promised to create 2 crore new jobs per year. However, despite being the best UG University in India, most colleges in DU have non-functioning placement cells with no job guarantee,” it further said.
- 6 ~ Preksha Mishra
- 7 Reported by DNA