Education is meant for everyone and it should be imparted without any hindrance. However, some underprivileged students have to quit their studies due to financial crises. For the students who are meritorious and wanted to continue their studies, the West Bengal government has come up with the ‘Aikyashree Scholarship Program’. The plan aims to provide cash rewards to poor but excellent students of the state.
Aikyashree is a scholarship program launched by WBMDFC(West Bengal Minority Development and Finance Corporation). This initiative is aimed to assist meriting students of West Bengal. The students from all age groups( school /college level) are eligible for the scholarship program.
Aikyashree Scholarship program is governed by the Government of West Bengal and its subsidiary boards, who give financial assistance to exemplary, worthy and underprivileged students of the state to help them proceed with their higher studies and became valuable citizens of the country.
WBMDFC commenced the Aikyashree Scholarship Programme for minority students (Muslims, Christians, Sikhs, Buddhists, Parsis, and Jains) in West Bengal too, furnish more socio-economic advantages and academic opportunities to them.
This is an end-to-end scholarship portal for WB minority students. Students from Class 1 to Ph.D. level can register for various WB Government scholarship plans through the WBMDFC Aikyashree Scholarship Portal.
The further article will give you a detailed insight into Aikyashree scholarships, the application process, students’ eligibility, and the last date to apply for this amazing opportunity to enroll in the state-level scholarship program.
Let’s have an explained overview –
Aikyashree Scholarship – An endeavor to spread affordable education
Aikyashree is an admirable online scholarship program grants students relating from financially poor backgrounds and minority communities. It is one of the most beneficial programs by West Bengal Minorities Development and Finance Corporation that promotes proficient students and helps them to study without any financial stress.
West Bengal State Government completely funds the Aikyashree scholarship that supports entire educational expenditures of the meritorious students. The Aikyashree Scholarship Scheme is given from the state budget for the financial year 2020-21. Different pre-matric, post-matric, and merit-cum-means scholarships are accessible.
These monetary expenses incorporate – stay fees and free-of-cost school and college education for excellent students. The scholarship process is completely online.
Before applying for any scholarship, students must know the relevant details associated with it. The provided content puts light on the main points of the Aikyashree Scholarship Programme
|Points to notice||Content|
|Name of the Scholarship Programme||Aikyashree Scholarship|
|Launched by||West Bengal Minorities Development & Finance Corporation (WBMDFC)|
|Ministry Name||Minority Affairs and Madrasah Education Department Govt. Of West Bengal|
|Launched in||West Bengal State|
|Launched for||Students belonging to Minority Community (Buddhist, Sikh, Jain, Muslim, Parsi & Christian)|
|Name of the Department||Minority Affairs and Madrasah Education Department|
|Scholarship Type||State Government scheme|
|Method of Application||Online|
|Eligible Courses||Class 1 to Ph.D. Course|
|Application Start Date||1st August 2020|
|Application Closing Date||15th November 2020|
6290875550 (Technical Helpdesk)
|Helpline Email IDemail@example.com|
Advantages of opting for the Aikyashree Scholarship Program
There are various scholarship programs under WBMDFC. Though, this corporation has selected to set up the Aikyashree scholarship so that pupils from minority communities such as Christian, Muslim, Sikh, Buddhist, Parsee, Jain can avail financial growth from the State government.
Besides this reason, there are various other explanations why the Aikyashree scholarship program was developed. The reasons are stated in the below list
The objectives of scholarship are –
- Provide education loans for poor and admirable students so that financial obstacles not hinder their studies
- Embark programs to empower women from a minority community.
- Make pupils financially independent with the tool of education.
- Boost the literacy ratio in West Bengal.
- Provide training to students who want to serve the country or state (civil services)
- Promote training programs to cultivate and promote the skills of students.
- Provide different scholarships for poor but hard-working pupils for their all-around development
- Reduce the suicide and depression cases of youngsters due to financial strains.
- Make the students future-ready.
THE COMPLETE LIST OF ALL SCHOLARSHIPS UNDER AIKYASHREE SCHOLARSHIPS PROGRAM
There are five different programs for all education levels of students. Whether studying in class 1st or as a P.HD. scholar, West Bengal has a scheme for all age groups. The scholarship program is –
- WB Pre Matric Scholarship
- WB Post Matric Scholarship
- Bigyani Kanya Medha Britti Scholarship, West Bengal
- Swami Vivekananda Merit cum Means Scholarship (SVMCM)
- Hindi Scholarship Scheme, West Bengal
Important – All these above Scholarships are ready only for West Bengal Minorities students, studying in any Institution in West Bengal and these schemes can be applied through the online portal.
Before applying to any of the scholarships, you should everything in detail. Here are the names of the scholarship with details.
|Name of Scholarship||Information|
|West Bengal Pre- matric Scholarship||Students of Class 9 and Class 10 can go for this scholarship program.
The chosen students can receive the scholarship amount varying from Rs. 150 to Rs. 750 per month.
Besides the scholarship amount, some selected meritorious students get an additional Ad hoc Reward of up to Rs. 1000 per year.
|West Bengal Post-matric Scholarship||Students of Class 11, Class 12, Graduation, and Post-graduation can apply for this scholarship program.
This scholarship gives financial support to SC, ST, and OBC students currently studying in post matriculation or post-secondary level.
The chosen students can be benefitted from the scholarship amount that can range from Rs. 160 to Rs. 1200 per month.
|Bigyani Kanya Medha Britti Scholarship, West Bengal||This scholarship is purposeful for female students.
The scholarship is only proposed to students who have qualified for class 12th from any board in West Bengal.
Female students pursuing an undergraduate degree course in Basic Science/ Engineering/Medicine at any institute of West Bengal can register for this scholarship program.
The meritorious students who are selected will get Rs. 3000 per month.
Moreover, the scholarship amount, the student will also get an annual book grant of Rs. 2000.
|Swami Vivekananda Merit cum Means Scholarship (SVMCM)||This is a merit-cum-means based scholarship.
Students from Class 11 to Ph.D. level candidates can apply for this scholarship program.
Financial support of up to Rs. 8000 per month is given to minority students relying on the level of education or program.
The diffusion of this scholarship fund is primarily based on the student’s academic result and financial necessity.
|Hindi Scholarship Scheme, West Bengal||This scholarship is given to aid and benefit students studying the Hindi language in Non-Hindi speaking states like West Bengal.
Students studying in higher secondary, undergraduate, postgraduate, and research level courses (M.Phil., Ph.D. or M.Lit. etc.) can enroll for this scholarship.
The chosen students can get the scholarship amount ranging from Rs. 300 to Rs. 1000 per month.
SCHOLARSHIP PROVIDER DETAILS
All the above-stated scholarships under the Aikyashree scholarship program are rendered by distinct departments of the West Bengal administration. The list of every scholarship and its provider is provided below –
|Swami Vivekananda Merit Cum Means Scholarship for Minorities, West Bengal||Government of West Bengal|
|West Bengal Post-Matric Scholarship for SC/ST/OBC||Backward Classes Welfare Department, Government of West Bengal|
|Bigyani Kanya Medha Britti Scholarship, West Bengal||Jagadis Bose National Science Talent Search (JBNSTS), Kolkata|
|Hindi Scholarship Scheme, West Bengal||Department of Higher Education, Science and Technology and Biotechnology, Government of West Bengal|
|West Bengal Pre-Matric Scholarship for SC ST Students||Backward Classes Welfare Department, Government of West Bengal|
Scholarship Programme Duration –
|Name of Scholarship||Application Duration|
|Swami Vivekananda Merit Cum Means Scholarship for Minorities, West Bengal||July to September|
|West Bengal Post-Matric Scholarship for SC/ST/OBC||September to November|
|Bigyani Kanya Medha Britti Scholarship, West Bengal||May to July|
|Hindi Scholarship Scheme, West Bengal||October to December|
|West Bengal Pre-Matric Scholarship for SC ST Students||September to November|
Conditions required for availing Scholarship
The eligibility standards are distinct for varied Aikyashree scholarships. Students have to apply for scholarships as per their education status. Students are required to strictly abide by the rules and standards to gain scholarship benefits. Any false details will lead to the cancellation of scholarship rewards
Let’s have a look at the criteria for the scholarships.
West Bengal Pre-matric Scholarship (SC/ST Students)
- The student should be a resident of West Bengal.
- He or she must be a student of Class 9 or 10.
- The student must state in SC or ST category and have the character certificate as an evidence
- The annual family income of the student should not surpass Rs. 2 lakh.
West Bengal Post-matric Scholarship
- The student must dwell in West Bengal.
- The student must fall to either SC, ST, or OBC category.
- Students eligible to apply for this scholarship are the ones studying in Class 11, 12, Graduation, Post Graduation.
- The annual family income of the student should not overstep Rs. 1 lakh for OBC, Rs. 2 Lakh for SC, and Rs. 2.5 Lakh for ST category students.
Bigyani Kanya Medha Britti Scholarship, West Bengal
- The student must be a citizen of West Bengal.
- This student should be female.
- Candidates should be Class 12th passed from any recognized board.
- The student must be striving to pursue an education in n the fields of Engineering, Medicine, or Basic S, science at a recognized institution in West Bengal.
Swami Vivekananda Merit cum Means Scholarship (SVMCM)
- The student should be living in West Bengal.
- The student must be a student of Class 11 or 12.
The student must be seeking graduation in Engineering, Medical, Technic, or professional lessons if they are not studying the general Undergraduate or Postgraduate level degree courses.
- If the student is studying at the higher secondary level or seeking a diploma, he or she e must have attained at least 75% marks in class 10th.
- If the student is at the undergraduate level, he or she must have secured at least 75% marks in the intermediate class.
- The annual family income of the student should not surpass Rs. 2.5 lakh.
- The scholarships will be permitted to deserving students on merit-cum-means standards.
- Students pursuing M.Phil. courses and Doctoral courses from state-aided institutions are also desirable to apply for this scholarship
Hindi Scholarship Program West Bengal
- The student must be a dweller of West Bengal.
- He or she should belong from a non-Hindi speaking state
- The student must have approved any one of the following degree courses – Madhyamik, higher secondary, graduation, PG, or any equivalent, degree course
- The student must have ensured at least 60% marks in the earlier qualifying exam, in the first trial, with Hindi as one of the chosen subjects
Now, let us put light on various Scholarship Rewards –
The Aikyashree scholarship proportion is awarded to only those students who have scored more than 50% marks in their last examination. The scholarship amount is awarded to eligible students from the State Government fund. The rewards mainly include monetary assistance but in some cases, the fees are compensated and books are given.
The scholarship amount is provided to the beneficiaries under two groups – Day scholars and Hostellers.
Students can find below the comprehensive scholarship incentives in both categories.
SCHOLARSHIP SCHEME REWARDS FOR HOSTLERS
|Kind of Scholarship||Class /level of education||Admission
fee & tuition fee disclaimer
|Pre-Matric||6 to 10||Rs. 4400||Rs. 6600||Rs. 11,000|
|Post-Matric||11 and 12||Rs. 7700||Rs. 4200||Rs. 11,900|
|11 and 12 (technical and vocational courses of this standard)||Rs. 11,000||Rs. 4200||Rs. 15,200|
|Undergraduate and Postgraduate level||Rs. 3300||Rs. 6300||Rs. 9600|
|M.Phil.||Rs. 3300||Rs. 13,200||Rs. 16,500|
|Merit-cum-Means||Medical Engineering, Management, Law, Chartered Accountant and likewise courses||Rs. 22,000||Rs. 11,000||Rs. 33000|
SCHOLARSHIP SCHEME REWARDS FOR DAY SCHOLARS
|Types of Scholarship||Class standard||Admission
fee & tuition fee waiver
|Pre-Matric||1 to 5||–||Rs. 1100||Rs. 1100|
|6 to 10||Rs. 4400||Rs. 1100||Rs. 5500|
|Post-Matric||11 and 12||Rs. 7700||Rs. 2500||Rs. 10200|
|11 and 12 (technical and vocational courses of this level)||Rs. 11,000||Rs. 2500||Rs. 13500|
|Undergraduate and Postgraduate||Rs. 3300||Rs. 3300||Rs. 6600|
|M.Phil.||Rs. 3300||Rs. 6000||Rs. 9300|
|Merit-cum-Means||Medical Engineering, Management, Law, Chartered Accountant, etc. courses||Rs. 22,000||Rs. 5500||Rs. 27500|
Take a look at the selection procedure details
Procedure of selection
There are 2 classifications of students who can achieve Aikyashree scholarship:
- Fresh candidates
- Candidates relating for a renewal scholarship
- For New Scholarship, the association will only deem a student eligible based on merit and subject to the budgetary allowance provided by the State administration
- For Renewal Scholarship, the association will only consider students who have attained 50% marks in his/her prior examination.
Aikyashree Scholarship – Application Portals
In the table below, students will find comprehensive steps to fill and submit the Aikyashree application form. But to make things easier, these are the following link for the submission of the application process. Check this table below –
|West Bengal Pre- matric Scholarship||The application can be sent via the portalhttp://oasis.gov.in/|
|West Bengal Post-matric Scholarship||The application can be sent via the portalhttp://oasis.gov.in/|
|Bigyani Kanya Medha Britti Scholarship, West Bengal||The application can be sent via the portalhttps://jbnsts.ac.in/|
|Swami Vivekananda Merit cum Means Scholarship (SVMCM)||The application can be received via the portalwww.wbmdfcscholarship.gov.in orhttps://svmcm.wbhed.gov.in|
|Hindi Scholarship Scheme, West Bengal||The application can be sent offline to the following address:
Scholarship & Stipend Section of Education, Directorate, West Bengal,
Bikash Bhawan, DF Block, Salt Lake Sector 1, Bidhannagar, Kolkata, West Bengal 700091
Aikyashree – Step by Step Application Submission Details –
To proceed with the Aikyashree application process, students must follow the below steps:
Step 1 – Student Registration
- Visit the official website of the WBMDFC portal or directly click on the Aikyashree Scholarship portal
- Now, click on the New Registration
- Select the district of your university or institute.
- Enter the details which quire your Name, District, Guardians Name, DOB, Mobile Number, Email ID, and Bank Account Number in the registration panel.
- Now, go to ‘Click and submit’
Step 2- Eligibility submission
- Enter the validities in the scheme eligibility space on the webpage displayed like the current institution, its location, class or course name, the last exam passed, name o the board, year of qualifying the last exam, percentage marks obtained, annual family income, and email ID.
- Select ‘Click and submit’
Step 3- Registration Finalization
- After you finish the above step, a temporary User ID will be produced.
- Now go to your email or inbox as the password will be mailed there
Step 4 – Student’s Login
- Now, Login with Your User ID and Password on the Student Log-In window
- Secondly, Enter the below-mentioned details:
- Basic Information
- Information related to academics
- Bank Account Information
- For ensuring proper safety, remake your password (it is compulsory) and click on Submit.
Step 5- Final Submission Steps
- Enter the details under the Basic Information option
- Now click on ‘select and proceed’
- Then enter the details under Academic Option from the menu bar.
- Now, Click Submit and Proceed
- Fill Up Bank Account Information and verify
- Finally, verify all the details by pressing the Pre-View tab
- Click on the Final Submit tab.
Step 6- Verification and Print Out
- Firstly, carefully verify the details that you have put in the prior step
- After you are confident of the information that you have joined in the designated slots, take a printout copy of the application form
- Submit the application form at the concerned university or the school along with a photocopy of your bank passbook which comprises bank account number and IFSC Code
Aikyashree – Documents Required During Filling the application form.
Students who desire to enroll themselves and pertain to the Aikyashree scholarship must have the access to the important certificates and documents before moving ahead to the application procedure.
- Self-certified community certificate
- Income certificate
- Fee receipt of the recent course year
- Self-attested certificate of prior year’s mark sheet
- Residential/Domicile certificate
- Bank account details
- Passport size photo of the applicant nominee.
Application Procedure for Renewal of Aikyashree Scholarship
In case a student needs to renew his/her WBMDFC scholarship, he/she needs to follow the below steps:
- Visit the official website for All Scholarship (Pre-Matric, Post Matric, MCM, TSP, SVMCM scholarship)
- Click on the Renewal Application option, which will send you to a new window.
- Tap and choose your district and click on the dialogue appearing on the screen
- Log in by joining the application ID, date of birth, district, and captcha code
- Click Login
- An OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number. Enter the sent OPT and submit.
- There will be two options – Renew application and Withdraw Application. You have to click Renew Application
- Enter the details which are required to be filled in the registration form like name, date of birth, email ID, parent’s name, gender, religion, etc.
- Tap on Submit and Next. Enter academic details including both prior and current academic details.
- Click on Submit and Next
- Check and ensure your bank details like IFSC, bank and branch name, bank account number, and name in the bank account as per the
- Tick the confirmation tab which states ‘I confirm that the bank account details are ok to the best of my knowledge & belief’
- Click on Submit and Next
- Upload the necessary documents with the form (your institute verification certificate)
- Submit the application form by clicking Submit and Next tab
- Finally, review the details before finally submitting the form
- Click on Submit and Lock Renewal Application tab
- A popup will be shown asking if the details are valid. After confirming, click on OK
- Lastly, click on Print Renewal Applications that you will receive the application’s printout.
Aikyashree Scholarship 2020 – Last Date of Application Renewal
Students who obtained the West Bengal Minority Scholarship last year can apply for the Aikyashree scholarship renewal application. The online renewal application for Aikyashree Scholarship 2020 commenced on 1st August 2020.
The last date for applying for the Aikyashree Scholarship Renewal Application is 15th November 2020. The date may get shifted forward as per the current situation.
How to Retrieve Aikyashree Application ID or Password?
In case any student misses his or her last year’s Aikyashree Scholarship Application ID and Password, they can retrieve it effortlessly from the official website operating their Registered Mobile Number, Date of Birth, and Bank account number.
Students will find below the detailed phases to retrieve the Aikyashree application ID or password:
- Visit the official website of the Scholarship
- Click on the Student’s Login choice.
- Now click on the Forgot User ID / Password link on the login sheet.
- Assign the Scholarship Registration Year, Institution District, Registered Mobile No., Date of Birth, Bank Account Number / Application ID.
- You will obtain an SMS from WBMDFC, which will contain your Application ID and Password.
Aikyashree – How to Trace Application Status?
- Visit the official website of WBMDFC
- Click on the Track Application tab in the menu bar
- Next, select your district, application ID, and date of birth
- Enter the captcha code that displays on the screen
- Finally, tap on the Submit tab and it’s done.
Conditions pertaining to the Aikyashree scholarship Program
- The applicant has to provide a certificate heeding family income at the time of application.
- For ‘renewal’ applicants, the persistence of the scholarship will be subject to securing 50% marks in the last year’s examination.
- One year subsidy will be provided to hostellers and day scholars.
- Students should be formal in attendance, for which the rules will be decided by the qualified authority of the school.
- If a student infringes school discipline or any other terms and conditions of the scholarship, it may be repealed or canceled.
- The State Government can also immediately cancel the prize if duly complacent of the reasons for the violation of these regulations regulating the scheme.
- If a student is found to have attained a scholarship by false statement, his/her scholarship will be abolished forthwith and the amount of the scholarship paid will be regained.
- The course/tuition fees and maintenance allowance will be associate with the student’s bank account directly under Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) method
Frequently asked questions – Aikshyree Scholarship Program
Q. Who can go for Aikyashree Scholarship?
Only pupils pertaining to minority communities such as Muslim, Christian, Buddhist, Sikh, Jain, and Parsee can apply for this scholarship. The pupils studying from Class 1 to the Ph.D. level can apply for this scholarship.
Q. What is the major factor for applying for Aikyashree scholarships?
Only those pupils who are permanent residents of West Bengal can apply for this scholarship.
Q. What are the names of WBMDFC Aikyashree Scholarship Programs?
There are 5 scholarship schemes under Aikyashree:
- Swami Vivekananda Merit Cum Means Scholarship for Minorities, West Bengal
- West Bengal Post-Matric Scholarship for SC/ST/OBC
- Bigyani Kanya Medha Britti Scholarship, West Bengal
- Hindi Scholarship Scheme, West Bengal
- West Bengal Pre-Matric Scholarship for SC ST Students.
Q. What are the percentage criteria for Aikyashree Scholarship?
Candidates must have passed with a minimum of 50% marks in their last annual exam; 75% marks in Secondary examination; 53% marks for honors in any postgraduate course; 55% marks required for any professional course.
Q. What are the benefits received through Aikyashree Scholarship?
Aikyashree Scholarship amount based on your course –
- From Class 1 to Class 10, the yearly scholarship amount ranges from Rs. 1,100 to Rs. 11,000.
- For Class 11 and Class 12, the annual scholarship amount ranges from Rs. 10,200 to Rs. 16,500.
- From Class 11 to Ph.D. or any Technical and Professional course, the annual scholarship amount varies from Rs. 22,000 to Rs. 30,000.
Q. What is the helpline number to get the inquiries resolved for the scholarship 2020-21?
Students can contact the authorities through WBMDFC Helpline for Aikyashree Scholarship. Given below are the contact details –
- WhatsApp number – 8017071714
- Helpline number (landline) –033-4047468
- Email address – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Toll-free number – 1800-120-2130
- Technical Helpdesk – 6290875550
Q. What is the last date to apply for the Aikyashreethe scholarship 2020-21?
The end date to apply for the Aikyashreethe scholarship 2020-21 is 15th November 2020.
Q. Can pupils from other states apply for this scholarship program?
program pupils from other States are competent for this scholarship, the only exception being the ‘Hindi Scholarship Scheme’, for which the students belonging to other states who are current dwellers of West Bengal can apply.
- What are the different sectors under which the Scholarship can be distributed to students?
The Aikyashree Scholarship Scheme is fully aided from the bye budget for the financial year 2019-20. Different pre-matric, post-matric, and merit, means that the scholarships are available for the students’ disbursal.
Q. Does 2nd Year College students can apply for a fresh scholarship?
No. Only students who admission in the 1st year of any UG, PG Course can apply for this scholarship scheme. Although 2019 passed pupils can apply for SVMCthe scholarship, he/she has to furnish a valid justification for that.
Q. What is the minimum Percentage required for Aikyashree Scholarship Scheme?
For Pre-Matric, Post-Matric & Swami Vivekananda Merit Cum Means Scholarship, candidates must have to pass with a minimum of % marks on his/her last annual exam. For the Swami Vivekananda Merit cum Means (SVMCM) Scholarship scheme, candidates have to pass with 75% marks in Madhyamik or HS (for HS, Polytechnic, Honours), 53% marks in Honours (for Post Graduate course), and 55% marks in BE/B.Tech (for M.Tech Course). Below 50% marks for the WBMDFC Talent Support Scholarship scheme.
Q. Does Distance Mode from Open University / Open School students are eligible for this Scholarship?
According to the official guidelines and notification, students who are pursuing their course from any open University or any school or in Distance Mode, cannot apply for this scholarship. Only Regular students are eligible to apply.
Q. When I will receive my Aikyshree Scholarship amount and how?
Aikyshree Scholarship amount will start distribution from March 2021. Students will get the amount directly to their Bank account, mentioned at the time of the Online Application.
Q. What is the Aikyshree Scholarship Amount?
The scholarship amount will vary from course to course for Aikyashree Scheme. Rs 1,100 to 11,000 per year for Pre-matric Students (Class I to X). Rs 10,200 to 16,500 per year for Post-matric students (Class XI to PhD). Rs 22,000 to 33,000 per year for Merit cum Means Scholarship (Technical and Professional course students). Rs 12,000 to 60,000 per year for Swami Vivekananda Merit cum Means Scholarship (SVMCM). Rs 2,500 to 4,900 per year under the Talent Support Scholarship scheme.
Q. How Your Scholarship is Sanctioned?
Every Application is Verified by the Nodal teachers, the application is given forward by the student eligibility criteria and the amount is switched to the bank account.
Q. Do you know your Nodal Organization?
West Bengal Minorities’ Development & Finance Corporation (WBMDFC) is the Nodal Organization for your method.
The above article gave you the complete detail required for the Aikshyree Scholarship. The students who are interested and eager can go for this amazing opportunity. This will help them to certainly complete their education and assure better fortune.